From HoosierScout.com

Reaction score
Looks like we can say goodbye to WR Maurice Fleming. There is an article up on Scout on RB David Smith from Bremen, ILL after his visit to Indiana in which he stated Indiana is number one on his list of 15 offers after his visit. Quote: " I want to visit some other schools this summer and then take my 5 offical visits in the fall, but right now Indiana is on top. My buddy Maurice Fleming who visited with me wanted to COMMITT ON THE SPOT, and I almost did too, but have decided to wait" Smith holds a 3*** ranking from Scout and holds an offer from Minnesota. He didn't mention Minnesota in any of his other plans. Fleming also holds a 3*** ranking from Scout and a Minnesota offer.His other offers are from MAC schools

Not saying that they both wont end up at IU...but if the kid is taking is 5 officials and probably camping two or three places...alot can change. 17 year old kids say lots of thing when they are excited and then change thier minds.

I can't say why anyone would be excited to play for Indiana, besides the free school.

I don't know if Kill really plans on inking more then one more wr anyways. Harbison is another wr that lists the gophers as his favorite.

I can't say why anyone would be excited to play for Indiana, besides the free school.

I agree Croc, but if they are going to run a similar offense with this coach as they did with the previous, receivers are definitely highlighted. They also have pumped a boatl-oad of money into their stadium, increasing the capacity, I believe, to nearly 80K, which, as my IU alum friends will tell anyone, is pretty hilarious considering it looks emptier than ever on game days (vs Purdue, excluded).

That is true. Tandon Doss was a nice player for them.

Current capacity of Memorial Stadium, according to the IU Athletic Dept. website, is 52,929

I hate when people post incorrect info, and I apparently have done so! I was with two co-workers last summer at our Sales Meeting, both IU alums, and they said the stadium was being renovated and they were adding like 25K seats(?), but I doubt the previous capacity was 27K! They were laughing about how dumb it was going to look.

Anyway, it looks like the North End Zone deal was the big project, but not necessarily additional seats (maybe there had been talk about closing the other end zone? I don't know...)

I will say - the new stuff looks pretty pimp...

Thanks!

Indiana is actually a really nice campus IMO. The stadium is much better in person than on tv.

Indiana is actually a really nice campus IMO. The stadium is much better in person than on tv.

Seconded. My old band played a couple of shows in Bloomington and I always remarked on how beautiful the town is around the campus, especially in the summer. West Lafayette is real nice looking too.

Seconded. My old band played a couple of shows in Bloomington and I always remarked on how beautiful the town is around the campus, especially in the summer. West Lafayette is real nice looking too.

Thirded. Thought the stadium was a dump pre-remodel so it's got to be an improvement, but the campus was beautiful. It didn't hurt there is a building named after my wife's great-grandfather (Lindley Hall).

As for the John Mellancamp building, apparently he's been a HUGE supporter of the music department at IU - both financially and otherwise.

I really liked West Lafayette too, but of the 7 Big Ten stadiums I have been to I thought Rose Aide was by far the worst (Other than the metrodump). The town is great though.

Looks like Indiana can say goodbye to Fleming too. He camped at Iowa about a week ago and is now committed to the Hawkeyes.

Top Bottom