Moss and Balesterous

Reaction score
the CB and OLB from Florida currently hold 2 ** rankings from Scout. Thought Moss would at least get 3***.

Scout sucks. I give them slightly more credence than chimps throwing darts at a board.

Disagree on Scout

Their format has improved leaps and bounds and the articles on Minnesota recruiting have surpassed Rivals/Gopher Illustrated. If you want to use a pay site it is a better bang for your buck than Rivals and a lower annual membership.

It's 'Ballesteros'. I think it is outragos and uncontientos when people misspell a person's name. Mostly, just rude. Let's work at it folks.

If good football school offer a player it means more to me than the number of stars. Moss has some good offers. I hope coach kill can out recruit quality football schools; I am a bit worried.

Scout sucks. I give them slightly more credence than chimps throwing darts at a board.

Bravo.... I concur 110%. Scouts rating system is garbage, it's based off putting three hula hoops on the ground, a red one, green one and blue one, then taking a group papers with player profiles on each of them, throwing them in the air, the ones that land in the blue hoop are 4 stars, the ones in the green are 3 stars and the ones in the red are 2 stars......

Their format has improved leaps and bounds and the articles on Minnesota recruiting have surpassed Rivals/Gopher Illustrated. If you want to use a pay site it is a better bang for your buck than Rivals and a lower annual membership.

I agree. The publishers/writers for Goldensports.net (Gophers Scout) have been knocking it out of the park with their stories, information, and contacts with recruits/prospects. A lot of great stuff coming out from Scout website for Gopher fans.

As far as the actual recruiting rankings go I'm not the biggest fan of Scout's ratings like some others on this thread have indicated. As far as ratings go, like many from the sounds of it, I prefer Rivals. Although mostly I take consideration all the sites rankings - Rivals, scout and ESPN (maybe a little bit of 247 now).

But the nice thing is the ratings on these sites are free. I'm not sure who comes up with the rankings at Scout, but fortunately the Minnesota Scout site has been top notch as stated above. So for that reason I would definitely recommend Scout subscription to a Gopher fan looking to join one of the pay site options to get their fix on Gopher info.

Overall, between Scout, Rivals, Gopherhole, FBT, 247 sports, Espn, etc, it seems we Gopher Fans are getting a lot of god info to fill our "fix" of Gophers news, especially pertaining to recruiting updates.

gopher fan recruiting mentality: whichever site ranks our commits higher is more accurate.

there is no one formula to which one can apply a high school football player that will produce a more accurate ranking for the prediction for a college career than another.

rivals hands out more three stars to gopher recruits, but don't believe for a second that because a player is rated at a 5.5 three star at rivals and a two star at scout that there is any difference (other than rivals stroking your fragile ego with a pity star).

gopher fan recruiting mentality: whichever site ranks our commits higher is more accurate.

there is no one formula to which one can apply a high school football player that will produce a more accurate ranking for the prediction for a college career than another.

rivals hands out more three stars to gopher recruits, but don't believe for a second that because a player is rated at a 5.5 three star at rivals and a two star at scout that there is any difference (other than rivals stroking your fragile ego with a pity star).

Gee, I ping Scout for the fact they gave Hayo five stars (not to mention Rex Sharpe at four stars).

I agree. The publishers/writers for Goldensports.net (Gophers Scout) have been knocking it out of the park with their stories, information, and contacts with recruits/prospects. A lot of great stuff coming out from Scout website for Gopher fans.

As far as the actual recruiting rankings go I'm not the biggest fan of Scout's ratings like some others on this thread have indicated. As far as ratings go, like many from the sounds of it, I prefer Rivals. Although mostly I take consideration all the sites rankings - Rivals, scout and ESPN (maybe a little bit of 247 now).

But the nice thing is the ratings on these sites are free. I'm not sure who comes up with the rankings at Scout, but fortunately the Minnesota Scout site has been top notch as stated above. So for that reason I would definitely recommend Scout subscription to a Gopher fan looking to join one of the pay site options to get their fix on Gopher info.

Overall, between Scout, Rivals, Gopherhole, FBT, 247 sports, Espn, etc, it seems we Gopher Fans are getting a lot of god info to fill our "fix" of Gophers news, especially pertaining to recruiting updates.

This.... and as far as the rankings go I think some on this site are just pissed because Wisconsin is always ranked higher than the Gophers at year end. At Rivals other than last year the Gophers have been ranked higher. You can also throw the "The Tom Lemming Report" into the mix. If you are "star" crazy he probably ranks the Gophers at year end higher than anybody because of his Midwest ties. All in all, as per above if you're looking at straight coverage in regards to Minnesota
Scout is eating Rivals lunch at this point. Here is how I would rank the sites:
1. Scout
2. Gopher Hole
3. Gopher Illustrated/Rivals

All good informative sites.

OT but didnt want to start a new thread, I noticed on scout that Andre Mcdonald has an offer from Ohio State, pantherhawk was saying he is gonna visit there?? Anyone know if thats true?

pantherhawk stirring the pot

OT but didnt want to start a new thread, I noticed on scout that Andre Mcdonald has an offer from Ohio State, pantherhawk was saying he is gonna visit there?? Anyone know if thats true?

tOSU has already had one committ back out and two recent signees were low 3 stars. Andre comes here he knows he has a good chance to play immediately, plus no sanctions hanging over his head.

Thanks, I figured he was just being his usual dbag self.

Top Bottom