Would you trade Eskridge for Moulton?

btowngopher

Reaction score
Maybe I am assuming the wrong thing here, but was Kill only able to bring in Moulton because Eskridge left? If that is correct it makes the impact and development of Moulton even more interesting to watch.

Although not dominating, DE was an important factor

in enabling Minny to defeat IL and IA at he end of last season with proven B1G RB capability.

Juco WRs...Hayo C etc...offer a lot of potential, but are unproven at the D1 level.

Without Deleon, Minny's 2011 prospects have probably degraded from "potentially surprising" to "problematical/marginal" simply on the basis of an extremely thin and inexperienced (ex Bennett) RB corps.

Who the heck is minny?

in enabling Minny to defeat IL and IA at he end of last season with proven B1G RB capability.

Juco WRs...Hayo C etc...offer a lot of potential, but are unproven at the D1 level.

Without Deleon, Minny's 2011 prospects have probably degraded from "potentially surprising" to "problematical/marginal" simply on the basis of an extremely thin and inexperienced (ex Bennett) RB corps.

Minnie Mouse, Minny the Moocher?
That's not a real take is it? A marginal Big Ten starter for a back who showed real promise? sounds like an even exchange.
I wish he could have stayed, but family comes first. We will move on and should have about the same results.

This thread is incredibly stupid. Do we really need another one?

Did we need to continue the oops one?

That one was as dumb as dumb gets.

There isn't a position in football that is easier to make an immediate impact as a freshman than at RB. We have two redshirts that are the "inexperienced" ones you're complaining about. Get over it. Running backs are mostly a dime a dozen and Deleon fits in to that. He got the yards that were blocked for him and very little more. His vision wasn't even all that great so he'd sometimes miss holes or due to mediocre balance he'd trip over his own feet trying to juke people. I'm not happy he is gone but it is an overdramatization to pretend this changes the trajectory of our season.

Considering that we already don't have too high of expectations going into this upcoming season, I would rather see that the RS frosh get experience instead of handing the ball off to the two seniors the majority of the time while ending up somewhere between and 3-9 and 5-7.

There isn't a position in football that is easier to make an immediate impact as a freshman than at RB. We have two redshirts that are the "inexperienced" ones you're complaining about. Get over it. Running backs are mostly a dime a dozen and Deleon fits in to that. He got the yards that were blocked for him and very little more. His vision wasn't even all that great so he'd sometimes miss holes or due to mediocre balance he'd trip over his own feet trying to juke people. I'm not happy he is gone but it is an overdramatization to pretend this changes the trajectory of our season.

That's the most idiotic statement in the history of idiotic statements. Look at what happened to Iowa. They lose Wegher, Robinson and Hampton over the course of a season and were forced to rely on Coker during the bowl game. How'd that work out? Oops. Bad example.

Family issues and maybe....

he was running number 3 in the depth chart during Spring Practice behind Duane and Kirkwood.

That's the most idiotic statement in the history of idiotic statements. Look at what happened to Iowa. They lose Wegher, Robinson and Hampton over the course of a season and were forced to rely on Coker during the bowl game. How'd that work out? Oops. Bad example.

That is far from the most idiotic statement, you just need to think more carefully about what he said. He's not saying he'd RATHER have a freshman RB, he's saying that it is a position that a freshman can most easily make a difference.

That is far from the most idiotic statement, you just need to think more carefully about what he said. He's not saying he'd RATHER have a freshman RB, he's saying that it is a position that a freshman can most easily make a difference.

Same holds true in the NFL. RB is the one position in college and pro football where experience isn't a necessity.

I believe certain RB's can be hard to replace, but I don't think Eskridge is one of them. He was a solid/reliable back who basically got as many yards as his offensive line allowed him to get. I don't recall many broken tackles or instances where he made anyone miss. He didn't really fumble, which is nice but if bennett stays healthy I don't think we'll really notice his absence. That being said, I hope everything works out for him and his family...I don't want this to sound like petty criticism.

My point in the thread was more that if Moulton ends up being a top 3 wr on this team I'd probably consider it a good trade off.

Top Bottom