June 19th - 18TH ANNUAL INNER CITY ALLSTAR CLASSIC BASKETBALL GAME

NurumbiCongo

Reaction score
from http://www.stevenssports.com/

COME CHECK OUT THE 18TH ANNUAL INNER CITY ALLSTAR CLASSIC BASKETBALL GAME
Come check out the 2011 Inner City All-Star Classic (ICASC) 'Featuring Minnesota's Finest Male & Female Graduating Athletes'. Basketball's 'Status At It's Baddest' is back again with a new look at a state-of-the-art new location.

Sunday June 19th at the Schoenecker Arena on the St. Thomas University Campus 2115 Summit Av in St. Paul

Doors open at 2:15pm

Young Ladies Game at 3:00pm | Young Men's Game at 5:00pm

~~~DJ Stage 1 on the 1's & 2's~~~

***Special guest appearance by former Inner City All Star Classic alumni, Terry (T-Dub) Cournoyea. He was featured in this year's NBA All Star Weekend Sprite Slam Dunk competition. He has also been voted as the worlds best dunker.

$10 Cover Adult/Youth (ages 12 & up) | $7 Cover Kids (ages 5-11)

For more information, 612-232-5852

Sponsored by:

Livin Legend Apparel | Alan Anderson | Khalid El-Amin | MN Spokesman-Recorder | Devean George | Kris Humphries | Derek A. Reuben | Kwame McDonald | Mitchell McDonald | Programming Solutions, Inc.

Anyone posters that have attended this event, is it worth a look?

It's another all-star game. Name me an all-star game ever worth attending.

Also, ridiculous to be named Inner City All Star Classic. Since when have Chaska, Champlin Park etc become part of the "inner city". Another interesting note, apparently there are not any non-african american players in the "inner city" worthy of this event?

And not really looking forward to the 1st Annual Suburban All Star Classic game either.

Just do not like the vibe this game gives off.

When it becomes this time of year I just want to watch some live bball. HP, AAU, whatever.

Also, ridiculous to be named Inner City All Star Classic. Since when have Chaska, Champlin Park etc become part of the "inner city". Another interesting note, apparently there are not any non-african american players in the "inner city" worthy of this event?

Good points.

And not really looking forward to the 1st Annual Suburban All Star Classic game either.

Just do not like the vibe this game gives off.

Marcus Alipate is a non-African American, but definitely NOT inner-city. Don't know what the criteria is to be eligibale but I assume you would need to be a non-white, metro area player. Where was Kevin Noreen last year and Kyle Noreen this year? MTS isn't inner-city? I also see Rodney Owens from MTS is playing. With that saying there are some good names and should be entertaining. Some of those suburban players are from the inner-city (Joe Coleman). But Chaska and Champlin Park players? That's a stretch.

Nothing screams inner-city like the campus of St. Thomas.

Play at Folwell or I'm not going.

A few years back Brady Fairbanks from Cass Lake-Bena was a part of this event. That's pretty close to the inner city, right?

Edit: I am in no way trying to take down this event. From what I've heard it's a great event. Anyone in the area with nothing to do on June 19th should definitely consider going. It says that T-Dub is going to be there, does that mean he's going to be putting on some type of show? Or is he just going to be there?

It is a very nice event. it used to be called the GBA allstar game. Ghetto basketball association.

I feel its just an opportunity for some seniors (primarily minorities and inner city) to showcase talent in a fun and positive environment.

I remember rick rickert getting dunked on by a few players that were not considered as talented as him, Moe hargrow put on a good show, dont remember if humpries particicpated or not. its just a fun positive send off for these seniors.

I'll be their, it looks like an exciting roster of young players, should be a fun one to watch.

T-Dubb

was worth the price of admission not to mention I got a pic with Mr.Kardashian...Marvin Singleton is the man did we get the wrong Hopkins player???

I love the way Marvin Singleton plays. Physical player who always plays hard. With all due respect to him, I don't think we have room for a 6'5" power forward. Coleman was the player to get for us, but I think Singleton will have a nice career at UNI.

Top Bottom