Got the call today!

gophers&guns

Reaction score
Well I finally got the call I have been waiting for today, I am a brand new season ticket holder!!! I have four tickets together in section 117 row 14, so if anyone is in that area I hope to see you at the games! :)

Welcome to the club! Not close to you for seats, so I can't help much on that, but enjoy!

You're a first time season ticket holder? Aren't they waiting for the renewal process to be over before they start handing out new seats? 117 was one of the sections my group was looking to move to.

You're a first time season ticket holder? Aren't they waiting for the renewal process to be over before they start handing out new seats? 117 was one of the sections my group was looking to move to.

I have yet to be called for an upgrade as well, so this is disconcerting. I have two tickets and my buddy has two tickets and we're trying to move together. I wonder if group moves have lower priority.

I have yet to be called for an upgrade as well, so this is disconcerting. I have two tickets and my nuddy has two tickets and we're trying to move together. I wonder if group moves have lower priority.

I also asked to add two tickets through my request. It's very frustrating.

Yea I'm first time season ticket holder, I had figured that they had finished with the upgrades when I got the call today, but who knows?

Yea I'm first time season ticket holder, I had figured that they had finished with the upgrades when I got the call today, but who knows?

Are you a regular donor to the U? That could also explain the jump ahead of some.

Yea I've donated in the past a bit, maybe that's why I got bumped ahead. I'm just excited that I don't have to rely on overpriced tickets on stubhub anymore.

I guess it's my own fault, I didn't read the upgrade process materials closely when they sent out the upgrade flyer. They basically put the gopher points system behind annual giving levels this year. A person that has never had season tickets before but has donated any money to the university will leap frog a 10-year season ticket holder who has not donated. To me, it completely contradicts what the gopher point system was put in place to do, which was to quantify and compare the value of loyalty, affinity, and annual giving with a single point system.

We're in 117, scattered amongst rows 24, 25 & 26. You'll have a good time over there. It isn't the best view in the house, especially when action is in the open end, but you have a fantastic view of the scoreboard, and most of the people over there are fun loving....you won't have many "sit down" or language police around you....as long as you don't abuse it and F-bomb every other word. Right next to the student section. Make sure you bring sunglasses & sunscreen; the sun can be pretty aggressive, especially the 11AM games.

Sounds great, I picked 117 because I wanted to be closer to the student section because I am still kind of young (24) and I wanted to be in the sun. Also glad to hear that it's a fun loving area, I generally get pretty loud during the game but I rarely bust out curse words (I save those for the ref's at the hockey games) lol.

If this person has donated money, then that would bump them up ahead of those who havent.

I thought the Gopher points system was only used for assigning seat selection times?

Which makes the whole point of the gopher points system worthless.

This is exactly the problem. Why don't they just convert the donations into Gopher Points and use the total GP's as the basis for priority?

Welcome to Sec 117. We've got six tickets in rows 29 & 30 and just love the view and sight lines (plus the sun is great on a Fall afternoon)!

Thanks GopherJack I look forward to seeing you at the games!

Well I finally got the call I have been waiting for today, I am a brand new season ticket holder!!! I have four tickets together in section 117 row 14, so if anyone is in that area I hope to see you at the games! :)

Welcome Aboard...have fun!

I guess it's my own fault, I didn't read the upgrade process materials closely when they sent out the upgrade flyer. They basically put the gopher points system behind annual giving levels this year. A person that has never had season tickets before but has donated any money to the university will leap frog a 10-year season ticket holder who has not donated. To me, it completely contradicts what the gopher point system was put in place to do, which was to quantify and compare the value of loyalty, affinity, and annual giving with a single point system.

I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't recall the U ever saying that GP were going to be the only standard long term. They were used to handle the one time move to the new stadium. That said, I believe they are still tallying them so it makes things confusing.

Again, this is a vague recollection on my part so I could be way off.

I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't recall the U ever saying that GP were going to be the only standard long term. They were used to handle the one time move to the new stadium. That said, I believe they are still tallying them so it makes things confusing.

Again, this is a vague recollection on my part so I could be way off.

You're correct, they said that it was just for initial seat selection. It was probably the same condition last year at renewal time too. I'm just finally realizing the new system after not reading it carefully the first time. I'm not fond of the idea of new ticket holders leap frogging existing ticket holders for priority. It is what it is, I won't lose sleep over it.

Haven't got called yet, trying to move to non donation seat backs, good luck right! I am in sec 232, not bad seats but had big issue with rows in front of us standing for the complete game, Also looking to move up higher if I didn't have to deal with people standing all the time, seems like the higher in the sec the less standing you have to deal with, I could be wrong though. I know it's a risk to move because of the standing issue, you may just put yourself into the same situation again. My seats are good enough to keep if I have to despite the issue I described. Just giving you my thoughts on my ticket situation not trying to start the standing debate again.

My group never seems to be able to move....maybe it is cause there is like 13 of us

What do you expect?

My group never seems to be able to move....maybe it is cause there is like 13 of us

Yoy are right. You need to drop somebody from your group. Everbody knows that 13 is unlucky. It is the only way you are going to be able to move.

Personally I felt that they should have used the Point system for at least two years. This would have allowed an attempt by the existing season ticket owners an attempt to bring family and or friends together again.

The first year split up many small groups of people and a second year with the point system would been a chance to get back together again. After all its more fun to be sitting with friends and family rather than strangers or opponents due to the scalpers. That is another subject. They have created havoc with the system.

Got our 1st season tix. Sec 217 row 17 with seat backs. Quite happy.

Top Bottom