Minnesota Preps Summer Camp Plans and Offers to Date

vames

Reaction score
Attached is the link to MinnesotaPreps.com top player list for those that have interest in tracking our top players. I have camp information on about 60% of the top players from the state.

I don't have input from the big 4 - Pirsig, Davidson, Hayes or Johson.

As we have 17 players from the state with Division 1 (FBS and FCS) offers, it is a pretty solid group as shown below.

Quick list on those attending Minesota camp.

Commits Philip Nelson, Andre McDonald, and Maxx Williams.

QBs - Nate Meixell from Lake Crystall-Wellcome (Interesting that Mollberg, Leidner, Lommen and Hartman don't plan on attending. Or at least not yet.)

RBs - Andrew Larson, Kendrik Brewster, Antonio Ford, Lexis Jones from Bl. Kennedy, Beau Bofferding from Marshall, Harvey McMahon from Fergus Falls

WR - Taylor Montero, Kasey Robinson from Breck, Devon Bzoskie from Lakeville South,

OL - Zack Johnson, Chase Roullier, Kevin Carroll from Edina, Sam Lee, Teddy Barthel from Caledonia, David Simmet, Nick Carr, Zach Marten from Apple Valley, Doug Welch from Ogilive, and Stefan Sauer from Rosemount.

DL - Jonathan Harden, Brett Pierce from Holy Angels, Tyler Hartmann from Andover, Billy Mork from STA

LB - Drake Michaelson, Taj Rich from Cooper, Ben McDonald from Mahtomedi, Matt Larson from Rosemount, Brandon Larson from Bemidji, Nick McBeain from Shakopee, Anthony King-Foreman from EP,

DB - Micahel Roane from Holy Family, Adam Bungum from Triton, Andrew Moritko from Totino-Grace,

Athletes - DJ Hebert, Duke Anyanwu from Blaine

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=956917

Class of 2012 - Commits

The following is a summary of top Minnesota football recruits for the class of 2012. Please feel free to send me an email with updates, corrections, or comments at [email protected]. Thanks, V Ames

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andre McDonald, 6'3 180, WR, Hopkins (5A) - Committed to Minnesota. Received other offers from Arizona, Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan State.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phillip Nelson, 6'2 200, QB, Mankato West (4A) - Committed to Minnesota. Attended Iowa Junior Day. Had Junior Day invites from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Florida.

Maxx Williams, 6'4 225, Athlete/TE, Waconia (3A) - Committed to Minnesota. Attended Iowa junior days. Invited to Minnesota and Wisconsin Junior Days.

(Updated 6/9) Isaac Freuchte, 6'3 200, WR, Caledonia/Rochester CTC - Committed to Minnesota.

Class of 2012 - Offers

(Updated 6/1) Jonah Pirsig, 6'9 285, OL, Blue Earth - Most recent offer has been from Miami. Has received offers from Minnesota, Auburn, Ohio State, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State, Iowa State, Indiana and Wisconsin.

(Updated 5/25) Nick Davidson, 6'6 290, OL, Eden Prairie (5A) - Has received offers from Minnesota, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Stanford, West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland, Clemson, and Duke. Son of Vikings OL Coach, Jeff Davidson. Has enrolled at Eden Prairie.

(Updated 6/1) Isaac Hayes, 6'2 260, OL/DL, St. Thomas Academy (4A) - Has received offers from Minnesota, Boise State, Oregon State, Virginia Tech, Wyoming, Army, Navy, Air Force, Western Michigan, Northern Iowa, and NDSU.

(Updated 6/10) Will Johnson, 6'7 250, TE, Osseo (5A) - Most recent offer is from Illinois. Has received offers from Minnesota, Auburn, Boston College, Mississippi, Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa.

(Updated 6/6)Duke Anyanwu, 6'4 200, Athlete, Blaine (5A) - Received offer from Air Force.

(Updated 6/4)Joe Mollberg, 6'4 220, QB, Detroit Lakes (4A) - Has received offers from North Dakota State, North Dakota and South Dakota State.

(Updated 6/4) DJ Hebert, 6'2 185, Athlete, Osseo(5A) - Most recent offer is from Northern Iowa to include offers from South Dakota State, North Dakota, and South Dakota.

(Updated 6/10) Chase Roullier, 6'4 290 OL, Burnsville (5A) - Most recent offer is from Akron. Has received offers from Toledo and Northern Iowa.

Charles Webb, 5'11 175, CB, Minnetonka (5A) - Received offer from Toledo.

(Updated 6/6) Kevin Carroll, 6'4 265, OL, Edina (5A) - Received offer from Northern Iowa.

(Updated 6/9) Andrew Larson, 5'10 195, RB, Eden Prairie (5A) - Has received offers from North Dakota State, South Dakota State and North Dakota.

(Updated) Jonathan Harden, 5'11 300, DL, Cretin-Derham Hall (5A) - Received offer from North Dakota.

(New 6/4) Brett Pierce, 6'6 250, DE, Holy Angels (4A) - Received offer from South Dakota and North Dakota.

(New 6/4) Taj Rich, 6'2 210, LB, Robbinsdale Cooper (5A) - Received offer from North Dakota.

Thanks for the info. What about Nick Rallis? He's attending camp, isn't he?

Great Report. Thanks for the effort and the result.

Regarding Nick Rallis, he has been pretty quiet on his recruiting and plans. If I come across any information, I will be sure to post it.

Why is Webb not camping? He seemed to be a much more talked about prospect early on, but has seemed to fade into the background. Grades an issue?

Status of Rallis and Webb

I haven't been successful in receiving updates both players. They may be attending camp at Minnesota. I just haven't been able to verify.

I can't say for sure, but I know as of a couple months ago, I was told that Webb was going to be at the camp. I asked a friend of mine who is pretty plugged in why they hadn't offerred Webb yet and he said that Webb is going to the summer camp and if he impresses, expect an offer. Things could have changed or my friend could have been off, but i'd be surprised if Webb isn't going to that camp.

I can't say for sure, but I know as of a couple months ago, I was told that Webb was going to be at the camp. I asked a friend of mine who is pretty plugged in why they hadn't offerred Webb yet and he said that Webb is going to the summer camp and if he impresses, expect an offer. Things could have changed or my friend could have been off, but i'd be surprised if Webb isn't going to that camp.

Wasn't Webb supposed to be a stud and better than Farrow? I thought I heard at one time that grades were holding him back from multiple BCS offers. I could be misinformed just wondering if anyone can confirm what I heard

Wasn't Webb supposed to be a stud and better than Farrow? I thought I heard at one time that grades were holding him back from multiple BCS offers. I could be misinformed just wondering if anyone can confirm what I heard

I have no idea what his issues are with grades (if he has any) but I think when it is all said and done that Webb will have multiple BCS offers. I think a lot of teams want to see how well he can really run and then they want to determine which position he will play. He reminds me a little of what i've heard about Dinero Moss, I think he might be a tweener between S and CB. He is pretty physical and the biggest question on him could be his speed.

That said, I have no idea how he stacks up academically. He does have a Toledo offer already (for those who don't know, former Woodbury and Nwestern Rb/Wr Louis Ayeni is coaching at Toledo and going after MN kids pretty hard), i'd be pretty surprised to see him not end up with 3-5 BCS offers.

From Chris Monter interview in February: DN is is Tonka head coach Dave Nelson

DN: He is just a very physical player. He’s got a nose for the football. Last year, he scored four defensive touchdowns. He blocked a punt and ran it in. He picked up a couple of fumbles and ran them in and he’s always just around the football. He is really a savvy player. Physical. Everyone on the field knows where he is. He’s got great instincts and just a complete player.

GH: What are some of the things that he needs to continue to improve on?

DN: Academically, he has got to put himself in a position where he is good to go and he is working on that. That is where it all starts. Like any high school junior, he needs to get stronger and hopefully, he can grow a little bit. He is right about 5-foot-10. He is right on the edge, the border. Hopefully, he’ll continue to fill out and get a little bit faster and a little bit stronger.

I don't know if academics are an issue, but it appears he needed to do some work on it, and hopefully he got on the right track for that.

Nice find Unregistered!

That could certainly be the hold up with Charles Webb.

Top Bottom