Russell Wilson To Sconnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuato Lives!

Delvin, MN
Reaction score
That's what the Twitterverse is saying. Nice pickup for the Badgers.

He'll have a great time handing the ball off 40x.

How did they offer more $ than Auburn?

Money laundering, using the tuition reciprocity program we have with Minnesota as a cover.

Considering Wisconsin has failed to pay up until recently I imagine the money is being stolen from the teacher's pension fund.

would be nice if somebody explained who the hell this person is, i can't be the only one who's never heard the name before.

would be nice if somebody explained who the hell this person is, i can't be the only one who's never heard the name before.

Maybe not, but you're probably the only person on this internet forum without access to Google.

...sorry, I had to say it. Wilson is a high-profile (and apparently pretty good) QB transfer from NC State who also had interest from Auburn. Can play right away (already graduated) and also has a baseball contract and is currently playing in someones farm system.

If this is true, it's worrisome. Between this and the new conference split and what's happening at OSU, this could end up being one of those huge, program-changing seasons for wisconsin.

I heard that he is going for his Masters in Beastiality.

Unless they are running the same system it is not a huge deal.

Wilson would be a really good fit in Wisconsin and he is a good QB.

Big get for them. Assuming he is not an idiot and can pick up the simple offense, he will look really good for them next year. Best flat out player Wisconsin has had at qb in a long time.

Wilson is probably making a good choice for himself. Auburn he would be "the man" and would be replacing a guy who in my mind was an equal player to tim tebow in fewer years. He would be the focal point. At Wisconsin he can simply drive the car. With Ohio state having issues and Wilson to Wisconsin, Wilson in my mind is my favorite to be the big ten champion QB.

He's a good player, reminds me of Brad Banks. If nothing else it will be interesting to see how he performs in the Big Ten.

I don't know how I feel about the mercenary/Dan Monson style of recruiting, but it's Wisconsin so I don't really care. How do the other QBs on the team feel?

It'll definitely be a change from the cerebral, game-managing (read: non-flashy white guy) QBs we've grown accustomed to from Bielema.

It's a huge deal. Wilson will be the best QB in the Big Ten this year, and probably the favorite to win Big Ten player of the year. He's also a legit Heisman candidate in my opinion. This sucks. I was really looking forward to bucky coming to TCF this year with a newbie at QB, I thought that would have given us a legit shot to pull the upset. This really sucks.

It's a huge deal. Wilson will be the best QB in the Big Ten this year, and probably the favorite to win Big Ten player of the year. He's also a legit Heisman candidate in my opinion. This sucks. I was really looking forward to bucky coming to TCF this year with a newbie at QB, I thought that would have given us a legit shot to pull the upset. This really sucks.

Settle down, Beano Powlus.

The only downside I've heard about Wilson is that he has bizarre habits. Apparently he likes the flavor and texture of microwaved parrots.

He's also played in the Garbage ACC for the past 3 years.

What?!
He put up good solid numbers and had a nice career at NCSt, but best QB, BTPOY, heisman?
We'll see, wisky's got defensive issues and is going to need the O to play smart football for they're aspirations to come true. Too many INTs/out of the box plays will be trouble for them.
This guy might not even be in madison until late Aug.

I know stars aren't everything

but ...

Russell Wilson: 2-Star Rivals / NR - 2-Star Scout / #67 QB
MarQueis Gray: 4-Star Rivals / #3 QB - 4-Star Scout / #14 QB

Lets not act like the kid is God here. He may very well be good, or even very good, especially with Wisconsin's running attack, but his credentials alone don't make him the best QB in the Big10 nor the Heismen. Let's see how he plays in the Big10 first.

He will CLEARLY be the best QB in the Big Ten this year if he goes to Wisconsin.

2008 (Freshman) - 17 TD's 1 INT 1955 yards
2009 (Sophomore) - 31 TD's 11 INT's 3027 yards
2010 (Junior) - 28 TD's 14 INT's 3563 yards, 435 rushing yards and 9 TD's

Do you guys follow college football outside of the Big Ten? Most experts had Wilson as a legit Heisman candidate had he stayed at NC State, now he's in a better program with more national exposure and a better team that has a chance at another BCS bowl. Have you ever seen Wilson play? He's very good, easily one of the best QB's in the country and yes, EASILY the top QB in the Big Ten in 2011.

but ...

Lets not act like the kid is God here. He may very well be good, or even very good, especially with Wisconsin's running attack, but his credentials alone don't make him the best QB in the Big10 nor the Heismen. Let's see how he plays in the Big10 first.

I hope you're kidding.

His stats from the past 3 years certainly DO make him the best and it's not very close.

He won't put up anything close to those numbers throwing because Becky RUNS THE BALL 40X A GAME. NC st. didn't have jack besides Wilson the past few years and play in the ACC. Defenses, not including ours or scUM's are more potent than in the ACC.

Edit:I would think Kirk Cousins is the best QB in the B1G.

Edit:F*** Bucky

Yea no. It's a big deal. Doesn't mean it'll work out, but adding a talented kid like this offers the Badgers a chance to overcome one of the primary knocks on next year's team...inexperience at QB.

He will CLEARLY be the best QB in the Big Ten this year if he goes to Wisconsin.

2008 (Freshman) - 17 TD's 1 INT 1955 yards
2009 (Sophomore) - 31 TD's 11 INT's 3027 yards
2010 (Junior) - 28 TD's 14 INT's 3563 yards, 435 rushing yards and 9 TD's

Do you guys follow college football outside of the Big Ten? Most experts had Wilson as a legit Heisman candidate had he stayed at NC State, now he's in a better program with more national exposure and a better team that has a chance at another BCS bowl. Have you ever seen Wilson play? He's very good, easily one of the best QB's in the country and yes, EASILY the top QB in the Big Ten in 2011.

Wow...this is beyond over the top. He doesn't come close to vaulting Persa as best QB in the conference much less become the #1 for B1G POY. And guys who start playing in new offenses with only fall camp to adjust will not win a Heisman, especially not in an offense where Monte Ball and James White will be the featured players.

Would this be a huge get for WI? No doubt. Is it likely that any of the stuff you're babbling about will come to fruition? No.

As to your question, yes, I do happen to know a bit about college football outside of the B1G (not that you really need to in order to understand some simple reasons why your predictions are unlikely). I have also seen Wilson play (enjoyed it quite a bit). I love how you rag on the football intelligence of those who disagree with you while you put out poorly reasoned stuff like this. "Most experts had Wilson as a legit Heisman candidate"? Really? So the predictions of the experts in the offseason that were based on the Wilson leading an offense that he's studied for 4 years and that is tailored to him should automatically hold true when he switches teams? I don't care that the Badgers are better than NC State or that the ACC is a crap FB conference. Taking over the reigns at of a new offense (that is centered on the QB handing the ball off to strong RB's) with only fall camp to prepare does not put you into position to be a Heisman favorite. This is not rocket science.

I'm not saying he can't or won't do well if he chooses the Badgers. I'm saying that expecting anything other than solid QB play from him is expecting too much.

I hope you're kidding.

His stats from the past 3 years certainly DO make him the best and it's not very close.

I'm not. His stats for 3 years at a DIFFERENT SCHOOL in a DIFFERENT OFFENSE in a DIFFERENT (and crappier) CONFERENCE do not automatically vault him into the role as best B1G qb.

but ...

So you know stars don't mean everything, but you'd rather use those stars from 2007 rather than look at what Wilson has done on the field for three years. Interesting.

Wow...this is beyond over the top. He doesn't come close to vaulting Persa as best QB in the conference much less become the #1 for B1G POY. And guys who start playing in new offenses with only fall camp to adjust will not win a Heisman, especially not in an offense where Monte Ball and James White will be the featured players.

Would this be a huge get for WI? No doubt. Is it likely that any of the stuff you're babbling about will come to fruition? No.

As to your question, yes, I do happen to know a bit about college football outside of the B1G (not that you really need to in order to understand some simple reasons why your predictions are unlikely). I have also seen Wilson play (enjoyed it quite a bit). I love how you rag on the football intelligence of those who disagree with you while you put out poorly reasoned stuff like this. "Most experts had Wilson as a legit Heisman candidate"? Really? So the predictions of the experts in the offseason that were based on the Wilson leading an offense that he's studied for 4 years and that is tailored to him should automatically hold true when he switches teams? I don't care that the Badgers are better than NC State or that the ACC is a crap FB conference. Taking over the reigns at of a new offense (that is centered on the QB handing the ball off to strong RB's) with only fall camp to prepare does not put you into position to be a Heisman favorite. This is not rocket science.

I'm not saying he can't or won't do well if he chooses the Badgers. I'm saying that expecting anything other than solid QB play from him is expecting too much.

Cam Newton might not agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom