MN Ticket Office- Away Game Ticket Experiences

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
We are planning our first ever trip to an away game (USC) and FINALLY heard back from the gopher ticket office and they will be selling away game tickets 2 weeks from now. From your experiences is it hard to get them through the ticket office at the U because there is a limited number etc. or are all of the good ones takin up by the fat cats? We want to support the U but at the same time don't wanna get stuck with crappy seats and good tickets are available right now through their ticket office. Is it worth the wait to go through the Gopher Ticket Office from your experiences? Thanks for the help.

Go goofers

For using the term goofer, I will not help you.

However, from my experience those tix sell out relatively quickly for high-level games and will be pricier than elsewhere.

It's a great way to go because you will b sitting with other Gopher fans. We saw how LA treats opposing fans with the Giants fan so it may also be a safer option????

I've used the ticket office each of the last two years for games at Ohio State (hey, maybe I will be able to tell people we won that one now!) and Wisconsin. No problems either time. you get the nosebleed "visitor section" seats but like was previously mentioned... you get to sit among mostly Gopher fans so it is worth it. In fact, when visiting opponent stadiums I actually don't mind the nosebleed seats. Sure, I'd probably prefer great seats but it isn't a deal breaker for me. It is nice to be in seats where it is easy to take photo's of the whole scene in the background of your group.

I used the ticket office for the Middle Tennessee State game last year. In addition to sitting with other gopher fans we sat with the players families.

I have never had any issues buying tickets to away games from the Gopher ticket office and have had good seats as well, for Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, Micigan and have sat next to Gopher fans at all the games.

I've had tickets through the U ticket office for Ohio State(2,000...the ONLY Gopher win there since Bud Grant and the boys won there back in 1949), Michigan (5 times including the 2005 win), MSU, Purdue, Illinois, iowa (4 times), wisky (5 times) and NU 4 times). I ordered early and have never been shut out. I also ordered for fairly large groups of people at wisky several times. (I usually added a contribution...the bigger the order the bigger the contribution.) All the bowl games I have attended I used the Gopher Ticket Office for. They have been good to work with and I have never had a bad experience. Take into considereation that they usually have about 3,000 tickets available for Big Ten games (I believe.) I'd assume that they get about the same number for USC...but, place a phone call to them to find out just how many. I would be on the phone to them just as soon as they start accepting orders though. I have nothing but good to say about the ticket office and the way they come through with the road game tickets!!!!

And, when the Gophers play in their next bowl game, be sure to order your ticket through the Gopher Ticket Office: that is the ONLY way that the U gets credit with the bowl committees and sometimes it can make a HUGE difference in which game the team gets invited to. I have seen wisky, iowa, psu, msu and a few other team jump the Gophers because they sold more tickets for bowl games previous years. They want butts in seats and they want the local hotels filled when they are deciding who to invite to their bowl game. The Alamo bowl really used to stick it to the Gophers due to the Gophers really pathetic bowl game support history.

Top Bottom