Gophers' 2011-12 Nonconference Schedule Update (June 8)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
What we know (or has been reported) about the Gophs' 2011-12 nonconference schedule, with some conjecture (1st round Old Spice opponent) thrown in. Last season's RPI is noted in parentheses.

Home (likely 10, perhaps 1 as part of Old Spice Classic)
1. Oakland (53) -- NCAA Round of 64
2. Virginia Tech (62) -- NIT Round of 16
3. USC (67) -- NCAA First Four
4. Bucknell (79) -- NCAA Round of 64
5. South Dakota State (183)
6. North Dakota State (238)
7. TBD (Old Spice Classic exempt preliminary?)
8. TBD
9. TBD
10. TBD

Neutral/Old Spice Classic (3)
1. Texas Tech (165) -- this is a guess.
2. 2nd round
3. 3rd round

2 of:
Dayton (70) -- NIT Round of 32
Indiana State (84) -- NCAA Round of 64
Fairfield (97) -- NIT Round of 16
Arizona State (161)
DePaul (234)
Wake Forest (260)

Current Projected Average RPI of ALL Nonconference Opponents: 121
Current Projected Average RPI of HOME Nonconference Opponents: 113.666

2010-11 Final Average RPI of ALL Nonconference Opponents: 153.25
2010-11 Final Average RPI of HOME Nonconference Opponents: 181.5

GOPHERS BETTER BE READY FOR NDSU ----- UPSET IN THE MAKING---

GOPHERS BETTER BE READY FOR NDSU ----- UPSET IN THE MAKING---

This statement might mean a little more if we didn't hear it EVERY year. NDSU should just be glad we put them on the schedule. Seriously, show some appreciation.

My "sources" have told me that Purdue and the Gophers will only play once during the B1G regular season. Purdue's other one plays are Wisconsin, Nebraska, and OSU. That's a nice break from the scheduling Gods.

Thanks. I'm a little surprised the B1G hasn't announced all the one-plays yet. They seem to be leaking out little by little, they might as well make an announcement on the conference web site.

Thanks. I'm a little surprised the B1G hasn't announced all the one-plays yet. They seem to be leaking out little by little, they might as well make an announcement on the conference web site.

I assume the full schedule is put together at the same time? Is this just poor PR/communication?

I'm sure they know all the one-plays & who's playing who by now, but the conference schedule comes later (August) when they figure out dates, times, TV networks, etc. I understand the time it takes to put together the TV schedule with all their TV partners (BTN, CBS, ESPN), but I see no reason why the B1G can't announce the one-plays early on in the process.

All we've been able to glean so far is we'll play Purdue once and Nebraska twice.

My "sources" have told me that Purdue and the Gophers will only play once during the B1G regular season. Purdue's other one-plays are Wisconsin, Nebraska, and OSU.

Do you know which 2 will be in West Lafayette and which 2 will be on the road?

NDSU will be better, but I dont think they will beat the gophers THIS YEAR, maybe the following year.
Oakland will be way down with NBA draftee Keith Benson gone.

USC game is December 3rd.

*sorry didn't see the date was posted in the other thread!

Top Bottom