Interesting analysis of 2007 Top 150 recruits

I found this pretty interesting. It's down at the bottom, relating to transfers. Telep: “This is when I get ready to bug out, talking about this topic. That number doesn't shock me at all. I can tell you from the research we've done, players ranked from 75 to 100 transfer schools 51% of time. It's a sobering statistic. When you're ranked like that, you have no ability to handle not being the man all of the time. And you have your entourage behind you pumping you up non-stop. When the [stuff] hits the fan, our culture is to transfer. If not good enough, go to the next place. It's a cultural thing.“

Of the top 25 guys only two were undrafted or is projected to go undrafted. And I would say that Corey Fisher was a very good college basketball player.

It'd be interesting to look at the transfer rates of players ranked 25-100 and see if they were different based on how many other top 100 players they signed with.

I find it amazing that of the players drafted or projected to be drafted from this class 16/56 were not in the top 150, 40/56 were in the top 150.

Top Bottom