Phil Miller on Devin Crawford-Tufts' hamstring injury

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Miller tweet:

"Gopher WR recruit Devin Crawford-Tufts (Edina) popped hamstring @ state track meet. Severity unknown, but won't defend his 100 & 200 titles."

Go Gophers!!

Popped?

What exactly is a "popped" hamstring?

Ole, Have you heard anything amongst the Track and Field community?

What exactly is a "popped" hamstring?

You obviously have never had a "popped" hamstring. When it happens, your hear the pop, feel the burning agony, and it is a long time healing. I know, I have.

Miller tweet:

"Gopher WR recruit Devin Crawford-Tufts (Edina) popped hamstring @ state track meet. Severity unknown, but won't defend his 100 & 200 titles."

Go Gophers!!

um, state track isn't for another two weeks.

Wouldn't he have to participate in Sections?

Sections are going on right now. You advance from Sections to State...

You obviously have never had a "popped" hamstring. When it happens, your hear the pop, feel the burning agony, and it is a long time healing. I know, I have.

Back in my old track days I had just finished my heat of the 200. After the race I stood in the infield at the finish line as the next heat started. As the next heat sprinters were half-ways around the curve something that literally sounded like a shotgun went off and a sprinter went down. We all ran over to him and I saw this dude rolling around on the ground in sheer agony, when we got a look at his hammy it was rolled up like a ball, one behind his knee and the other right under his a$$cheek. After seeing that I am very happy I never blew a hammy. I really hope this is not what happened to DCT, he may never be the same.

I hadn't heard this, I'm on the northeast side of the metro so I don't see many meets DCT is in.
Unless it's an epic pull, he'll be ok. Our top runner pulled up 4 years ago, fairly significant.
He's currently preparing for the NCAA national meet in the 4x400 relay for the gophs.
Hamstrings are tricky and often flare up again. I have confidence he'll retain his speed and once he's in the strength program at the U, they'll get him rehabbed and healthy. Again, unless its a violent pull.

Yeah, he's out for State no doubt. Didn't look like it was serious. I just hope this isn't one of those things that just lingers, hamstrings can be tricky. Hopefully he'll be 100% easily for fall. I remember Wesley Johnson tweaked his hammy in Wolves summer league ball and he was still dealing with it come October. You just don't really know.

MBIII had some hammy problems during part of his Gopher career. I recall a game at Kinnick in which he was done for the game by about his 2nd offensive rushing attempt. He always rode the bike when the defense was on the field to keep things loose.

Top Bottom