Food for Thought - Seantrel Henderson

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
With 2 months to go until National Signing day 2010, Seantrel Henderson had 5-6 finalists for his services: USC, Miami, OSU, Minnesota, and Notre Dame/Florida (I don't remember what the last one was).

Amazingly, all of those teams had their head coaches resign, or they were fired within the next 1.5 years. All of those schools are helmet schools, except for us. I'm not a superstitious guy at all and I am not suggesting some conspiracy theory, but I thought it was weird. What are the chances?

Interesting. I think this proves that at the end of the day, a player must choose a school for the school, and not necessarily for the coach, especially the position coach - who, ironically is the one that said player will spend more time with than any other coach during their tenure. I remember hearing a stat that something like 85% of recruits will have at least two position coaches if they stay 5 years at a program.

If Kill & Co. can build a successful program here, his staff loyalty could really be a big plus for us down the road. It certainly has paid off for Joe Pa (not comparing the two, just using it as an example).

Go Gophers!!

Good angle eker and I agree with bleedgopher. I think it's the fault of a lot of these schools--even top-drawer schools--that they allow the product--the university itself--to become too closely aligned with a personality in the form of a head coach. It's unavoidable in some instances and in an era of increasing commodification, coaches tend to push themselves as marketable commodities to an extent that displaces the allure of the institution. It should be about (excuse the Pollyanna moment) about getting an education and having the opportunity to play college football as opposed to "playing for fill in the blank."

Oh yeah...didn't the U of M stoop so low as to have a...

"...play for brew..." web site or some such stupid thing? brewster was actually trying to push the notion of playing for HIM and not the U????? And bjm LET him do that?????

bjm really sunk to new depths right along with his brewball effort to bring the NEW STADIUM into the Big Ten.

What ever did happen to that: "...play for brew..." web site?????

; 0 )

Wren i'm confused. By definition Brewball=Weber and you are the biggest Weber backer on this site. So by extension that would make you the biggest backer of Brewball here as well.

Wren and Brewball: A Marriage Made In Heaven

; 0 )

It was property of the U so they changed the name to play for the U and then rebranded and redesigned the site to it's latest version. I like the new one of Play4Brew. It's easier to navigate and has a better overall look and feel to it.

"...play for brew..." web site or some such stupid thing? brewster was actually trying to push the notion of playing for HIM and not the U????? And bjm LET him do that?????

bjm really sunk to new depths right along with his brewball effort to bring the NEW STADIUM into the Big Ten.

; 0 )

http://www.goldengophergridiron.com/page/show/327390-golden-gopher-gridiron

Pay attention. It has been raised on GopherHole several times with the name change, etc.

"Good angle eker and I agree with bleedgopher. I think it's the fault of a lot of these schools--even top-drawer schools--that they allow the product--the university itself--to become too closely aligned with a personality in the form of a head coach. It's unavoidable in some instances and in an era of increasing commodification, coaches tend to push themselves as marketable commodities to an extent that displaces the allure of the institution. It should be about (excuse the Pollyanna moment) about getting an education and having the opportunity to play college football as opposed to "playing for fill in the blank."

And it was SO damn funny that bjm and his failed brewster actually put up a STUPID site called
"play 4 brew..." Any body who took a flyer to "play 4 brew..." certainly had the allure of the institution displaced by that failed, fired and bought out brew clown.

Top Bottom