HP time

book

Reaction score
When does the summer Puley league start?

I'm looking forward to it too. As I recall, it doesn't start till late June or early July, though.

According to the HP site, the League runs from June 20 - August 1 and will now be hosted at HP's new facility: High Performance Academy at 2950 Lexington Avenue Eagan, Minnesota 55121.

Go Gophers!!

According to the HP site, the League runs from June 20 - August 1 and will now be hosted at HP's new facility: High Performance Academy at 2950 Lexington Avenue Eagan, Minnesota 55121.

Go Gophers!!

What he said. Also says it's Monday-Thursday from 7:00-8:45. Two games per night.

That kind of sucks. I liked watching it at the Salvation Army.

I have been in the new facility twice for youth practice and love the place (7 courts and the smell of fresh floors). I didn't see where they would be able to handle the spectators that they could at the Sal. There is a lot of space tho and they probably have a plan.

I attended the recent AAU tourney at the Eagan facility and it is much larger than the Salvation Army gym. As stated above, there were 7 separate courts set up for the tournament. It will be interesting to see how they set it up for the Pulley League.

Alright. Who's the player that somebody comes on here after scoring 40 pts in these open gym games and somehow correlates that to big10 success? My guess the poster is go gophers eh and he'll write it up about one of the freshman guards most likely it'll be Hollins.

Last year Mav looked great in these games. Also, this new center which was NEVER the brain child of the Pulley organization in the first place is not a great place to watch basketball. A great place to pimp the program some more though.

only one of the courts at the HP Academy facility is set up for the Pro-Am league-- 94 ft court with NBA 3 pt line-- and a couple months ago when I asked Rene about it the plan was protable bleachers all around that court. If the crowds are the same it will fill up. I sure will miss the carmel corn at the Sal.

I saw Mav a couple times last year and he didn't look great either time.

Mav didn't looke great last year in the Pulley League. His performance in the league led to alot of concern on the boards about his ability to be a Big 10 player. Haven't been to the facility but from what I here the Pulley pimps thinks it's the Mecca. Neutral observers or haters aren't impressed. My real question is with moving to a new facility will they start charging spectators?

I don't think they can charge admission because of the college players playing. I will check with Rene tomorrow though.

facility is nice when you first get there, then the more you look the less wonderful it gets. 7 courts but two of them are up against the wall with no room to stand out of bounds and inbound the ball on one side of the court and there are a couple of poles on the other side that are almost on the sideline too. One of the other courts has a cage about a foot off the baseline on the one side with some utility stuff inside, and one of the other 4 courts is NBA length. New and nice though. Concessions need a little work though.

It is an excellent place to have their practices though cuz everyone is in the same facility with their own practice space but then they can mix and match scrimmages between age levels.

One positive for me is my parents townhouse is in eagan and this facility is not too far
from Joe Sensors' bar and grille. A little concerned about the seating and concessions though.

NCAA certified leagues cannot charge for admission.

PS - the NCAA put up this note at the top of the certified leagues list for the stupid dumbo heads and/or cheaters after last year's silliness:

"Note: League certification DOES NOT permit NCAA Division I basketball coaching staff members to attend. Please consult the list of certified events to identify those competitions that Division I coaches may attend."

Dates currently certified - i.e., D1 players can play (subject to change): June 20-23 and 27-30; July 6-7, 11-14, 18-21 and 25-29

PS - Seating and standing viewing areas will be fine. They'll probably pull up the baskets for all the courts except for one during the games. Concession / 'lobby' area is huge. We can hang out and stuff.

Alright. Who's the player that somebody comes on here after scoring 40 pts in these open gym games and somehow correlates that to big10 success? My guess the poster is go gophers eh and he'll write it up about one of the freshman guards most likely it'll be Hollins.

Last year Mav looked great in these games. Also, this new center which was NEVER the brain child of the Pulley organization in the first place is not a great place to watch basketball. A great place to pimp the program some more though.

Feel free to check my posts from last year. Mav looked TERRIBLE in the games last year, and nobody was calling him the Messiah after Pulley. As I've said before, dominating Pulley does not mean that you'll be a great NCAA player, (see Bostick, Devron), but if you can't handle Pulley, you probably can't handle the Big Ten either. Still really fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the new facility, though I definitely loved the Salvation Army and the popcorn.

no charge for the Pro-City league

there is a high school league on Mondays and Wednesdays that there may be a $3.00 charge for

Top Bottom