wisky just won the lottery...with PSU coming in...

imthewalrus

Reaction score
a close second with the tressel-gate scandal. The path to the Big Ten championship game for a few years may have cleared a little bit and may not run through Columbus for a short while. Of course, the real "slumbering giant" in that division has been and still is PSU. I'll bet that the "insiders" in madison are drooling over the next two to three years...and in State College I am sure it is a VERY "Happy Valley..." just looking out over the next five years.

Of course, OSU will not just "go away" and a lot depends upon how hard the NCAA comes down on them. How many years will they be banned from post-season? How many scholarships will they lose? I don't think you will have to worry much about the Buckeye Faithful learning any meaningful lessons from this...it will probably just make them feel as though they were "screwed" by the system that was just jealous of them... ; 0 )

The Buckeye Faithful will mostly see this as a "backs against the wall" time to circle the wagons and come out fighting. IF the right coach comes into that situation in Columbus, the Buckeyes will rise again within the next five years OR less and will be on a real mission. (Note to the NCAA: AFTER you give a ruling to Columbus you will REALLY need to keep a close eye on what is going on in Columbus with the boosters, etc. They really don't think the rules apply to them, I fear...Buckeye boosters may be more like SEC boosters than any others in the middle section of the country...)

So, just maybe, in madison they may have a chance for "short term gain..." BUT they may experience a lot of "longer-term PAIN" and vengence being instigated directly at them coming from both Columbus AND State College, PA. I believe the battle for the title of "BEAST of the EAST" has just opened up between Columbus and State College.

I think the real winner here will be PSU. Eventually they will have a new coaching staff coming in there and perhaps the traditions and pride that reside in State College, PA will be unleashed with a vengence and a consistency that will rival anything that Columbus can throw at 'em.

Nice Post Wren

I really liked your original post but then you changed it. My only question to you is why? The original post was well written, thoughtful, clear, and to the point.

I have to say I would much prefer to see that wren again and not the one who edited the comment. It is too bad because the first wren had a lot to say.

Are there two wrens? If there are, I prefer this one. The above post was well written, thoughtful, clear, and to the point. I am looking forward to reading more comments from this wren.

killjoy: Thank you. However, it is NOT your place to attach yourself to every one of my comments. You are not a judge. You have NO ability to change or alter ANY piece of writing here that I do. IF you hate what I write: that's just fine. IF you try to discredit me in any way shape or form: that's just fine. If you try to attack me: that's just fine.

You really do show people exactly who you are, why you are, how you are. Many times, you should be ashamed of yourself killjoy. But, no matter how you act, I really don't care.

From now on, EVERY time you attach yourself to one of my posts, I will merely "kill you with kindness..." I will thank you for paying SO much attention to me and will remind you that it is an awesome responsibility to mean so much to a vulnerable, impressionable person such as yourself, killjoy.

So, Thank you killjoy. I am very flattered that such a vulnerable and impressionable person would take the time to comment on my comment. Good bye now killjoy... ; 0 )

Wow, that didn't take long for this topic to slingshot off to Mars!

Can we just have a conversation without all the whining? I didn't know that 1st graders had such keyboarding skills.

Wow, that didn't take long for this topic to slingshot off to Mars!

Can we just have a conversation without all the whining? I didn't know that 1st graders had such keyboarding skills.

These guys are NOT, repeat NOT 1st graders with great keyboarding skills. They are 23-30 year old 7th to 10th year Sophomorons in High School. :banghead:

Very Strange

I remember wren would write outrageous comments on the Strib and then they would be deleted by him.

Is he a modern day Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I don't know but I expect there is something amiss.

The strib did not give you the ability to either edit or delete comments. I am flattered that such a vulnerable, challenged and limited person would take time to comment. Thank you.

I remember wren would write outrageous comments on the Strib and then they would be deleted by him.

Is he a modern day Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I don't know but I expect there is something amiss.

Your first (bolded sentence) is completely false. One can NOT delete his/her own comments on the BitchBlog comment sections. Only the BitchBlog Gestapo can delete comments, and trust me, my friend, they do it all the time.

The Grinster will be making the call.

a close second with the tressel-gate scandal. The path to the Big Ten championship game for a few years may have cleared a little bit and may not run through Columbus for a short while. Of course, the real "slumbering giant" in that division has been and still is PSU. I'll bet that the "insiders" in madison are drooling over the next two to three years...and in State College I am sure it is a VERY "Happy Valley..." just looking out over the next five years.

Of course, OSU will not just "go away" and a lot depends upon how hard the NCAA comes down on them. How many years will they be banned from post-season? How many scholarships will they lose? I don't think you will have to worry much about the Buckeye Faithful learning any meaningful lessons from this...it will probably just make them feel as though they were "screwed" by the system that was just jealous of them... ; 0 )

The Buckeye Faithful will mostly see this as a "backs against the wall" time to circle the wagons and come out fighting. IF the right coach comes into that situation in Columbus, the Buckeyes will rise again within the next five years OR less and will be on a real mission. (Note to the NCAA: AFTER you give a ruling to Columbus you will REALLY need to keep a close eye on what is going on in Columbus with the boosters, etc. They really don't think the rules apply to them, I fear...Buckeye boosters may be more like SEC boosters than any others in the middle section of the country...)

So, just maybe, in madison they may have a chance for "short term gain..." BUT they may experience a lot of "longer-term PAIN" and vengence being instigated directly at them coming from both Columbus AND State College, PA. I believe the battle for the title of "BEAST of the EAST" has just opened up between Columbus and State College.

I think the real winner here will be PSU. Eventually they will have a new coaching staff coming in there and perhaps the traditions and pride that reside in State College, PA will be unleashed with a vengence and a consistency that will rival anything that Columbus can throw at 'em.

As a person who has spent some time with Glen Mason during after hours, I can see Mase tonight with his lovely wife Kate mixing up a James Bond martini and smoking a premium cigar and saying:
"Honey, the road is open to Columbus" His agent will contact Ohio State right after the NCAA penalities, or when the position is offically open. They need a guy with a clean sheet.

Dr. Don - I think you are right.

Your first (bolded sentence) is completely false. One can NOT delete his/her own comments on the BitchBlog comment sections. Only the BitchBlog Gestapo can delete comments, and trust me, my friend, they do it all the time.

Actually you could do this by flagging your own comment and requesting that it be deleted. The reason I suspected that wren was doing this is that some of comments were really just bizarre but I am not sure why they were deleted. Now that you reminded me about the BitchBlog Gestapo I am sure your right that it wasn't wren.

As a person who has spent some time with Glen Mason during after hours, I can see Mase tonight with his lovely wife Kate mixing up a James Bond martini and smoking a premium cigar and saying:
"Honey, the road is open to Columbus" His agent will contact Ohio State right after the NCAA penalities, or when the position is offically open. They need a guy with a clean sheet.

He can smoke all the Cuban's he wants but there is no way he will be the next head coach of tOSU. I'd be shocked if that happened.:eek:

He can smoke all the Cuban's he wants but there is no way he will be the next head coach of tOSU. I'd be shocked if that happened.:eek:

GoldenHerbs,

1. I would agree that Glen is a long shot, primarily due to age, but I would not count him out.

2. OSU is going into damage control mode now, and they will be looking for somebody with a resume which includes a historically clean track record vis-a-vis NCAA compliance. For this reason alone, Glen might be a dark horse.

3. Let's just sit back and see how this unfolds.

GoldenHerbs,

1. I would agree that Glen is a long shot, primarily due to age, but I would not count him out.

2. OSU is going into damage control mode now, and they will be looking for somebody with a resume which includes a historically clean track record vis-a-vis NCAA compliance. For this reason alone, Glen might be a dark horse.

3. Let's just sit back and see how this unfolds.

There are tons of coaches with clean track records, and plenty of them with better resumes than Mason. I haven't seen his name attached to any speculation about the osu job outside of this board, and I think with good reason. Regardless of rumors, most coaches have a clean record. One need look no further than Tressel himself to find a guy who looked spotless, until the day he became one of the dirtiest coaches in college sports.

Might Michigan be the biggest benefactor of this mess, they might have a better chance recruiting Ohio kids and be more competitive against OSU for the next couple of years. They could gain enough momentum and get back on the national stage.

Not now that OSU hired Urban "renewal" Meyers...

Look out meatchicken...look out wisky...It's most likely going to be all the Ohio State University most of the time...

; 0 )

Might Michigan be the biggest benefactor of this mess, they might have a better chance recruiting Ohio kids and be more competitive against OSU for the next couple of years. They could gain enough momentum and get back on the national stage.
I doubt it, with MSU even or a little better with Michigan recruits, any pickups in Ohio will only balance out the instate losses to MSU.

Top Bottom