Disappointing Finish by Women's Rowing

LesBolstad

Reaction score
A 5th place finish in the B10 Championships held in Illinois this weekend in front of thou... hun.... dozens. Is Coach Wendy Davis on the hotseat? I really thought this team could compete for a B10 title this year. This squad really needs to pick up the recruiting. Who is the last 4 or 5 star recruit that has signed? When will this team sign a decent coxswain?

At least no one fell out of the canoe like the Ohio State rower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOW739UlWk

No joke - my first job at the KU SID office was to be the f'n SID for the KU Women's Rowing Team. What a mess that was. The women's rowing coach kept going to my boss complaining that I wasn't passionate enough about the sport and didn't garner enough media interest for them. Fortunately my boss "got it" and didn't expect much out of my role and just kept telling the coach that "Roy needs our staff right now" and no one would dare stop the gray train.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, sounds like you had a good boss who wouldn't cave in to being PC. Good thing you weren't working for Chris Voelz!;), though I suspect if she had her way 99% of her employees would be female & mandatory members of NOW, also known as NOMH.

Top Bottom