Ohio State Dirt: Updated

If OSU escapes a significant NCAA punishment, it just goes to show that the NCAA isn't concerned with advancing the athletic programs of all member institutions but rather maintaining the stature of its highest profile members.

If that's the case, the NCAA has succeeded in creating a caste system in major college sports where the rich get richer and the rest are at a disadvantage before the even step on the field.

If this act of blatant disregard for NCAA rules by not only player but mainly by the head coach of the program doesn't receive a strong response from the NCAA, no elite team will ever be punished to the extent they should be.

Now, I'm not suggesting the "death penalty" for OSU but I do feel they are deserving of whatever is one step below that.

It is only cheating if you get caught and if you get caught you need to come up with a great defense plan. For example our former president Mr. Bill Clinton defense plan included this statement- I did not have sex with that women! What will Ohio States defense team come up with? Stay tuned.

Post-season Ban for 3 Years.
Loses 60 scholarships over 4 years.
Tressel Fired.
Probation for 5 years.
Vacate all games from 2003-2011 (Including 2003 National Title).

*Is my predicted punishment for Ohio State*

Our New NCAA Commisioner

Tressel Fired.
Probation for 5 years.

You have my vote. Now all you have to do is get USC’s, Auburn’s, and Ohio State’s votes and you are a shoe-in.

I don't think there is any chance Ohio State will escape punishment, however, the NCAA has already concluded that there was no loss of institutional control unlike in the USC case so I am sure the punishment will be considerably lighter.

I just got my SN hard copy and there is an interesting piece in the 'Recruiting Diary'. Kyle Kalis is one of the top OTs in the 2012 class and he committed to Ohio State last September. He was asked if he was still committed to them. He said two interesting things. First, players are always attracted to the best coaches and you can tell how good a coach is by how many games they win and how much trouble they get into with the NCAA, so he knows Tressel is a really good coach.

The other thing he was quoted as saying is that "If there's anyone who should be getting investigated, it's the NCAA. Full of crooks and money-grabbing thieves".

Personally, I think the kid should be declared ineligible for making such a statement. Obviously kids like this have no respect for the NCAA and therefore, are going to be trouble when it comes to obeying the NCAA rules regarding taking money, agents, and the like. I think kids like this are what is wrong with major college football.

Tressel Fired.
Probation for 5 years.

I think something closer to USC

2 years postseason
30 scholarships over 3 years
5 years probation
vacate from 2006 (Smalls' freshman year)

no LOIC. LOL.

so, you have USC's case. reggie bush and parents on the take from prospective agents, whom the NCAA has reclassifed as "boosters". a coaching that staff that "should've known", yet the NCAA cannot prove that they did know. an arrogant AD that was not cooperative in the investigation. a tennis player who got free calling cards, and oj mayo/tim floyd...both later cleared by the ncaa for no wrongdoing. 2 years ban, 30 scholarships lost, 4 years of probation.

then you have tOSU...systemic corruption. players getting sweetheart car deals. the tattoo 5. a coach that willfully lied to the NCAA. and somehow, perpeption is that USC did much worse (due to their on field success?).

amazing.

2 years postseason
5 years probation

Need to add the transfer without penalty for seniors during the postseason ban, with the B10 suspending the intra conference rule, for those seniors

2 years postseason
5 years probation

The USC punishment is a result of one player's actions. I wonder if the number of players involved will do anything to the size of the penalty. It sounds as though these improper actions were rampant in the OSU program.

Also, just out of curiousity, how did you end up picking the 2006 season as the season to be vacated?

Top Bottom