Dirk looked at Kentucky

Ope3

Reaction score
On today's Dan Patrick show Dirk Nowitzki was asked if he considered playing college ball. He said he had several big offers and the 3 schools he visted were Cal, Stanford and Kentucky. He indicated he gave Kentucky and Tubby the strongest consideration but in the end opted to go directly to the NBA.

Credit Tubby for recognizing a big time talent. Interesting to think how much either of their fortunes would have changed had Dirk gone to Lexington.

On today's Dan Patrick show Dirk Nowitzki was asked if he considered playing college ball. He said he had several big offers and the 3 schools he visted were Cal, Stanford and Kentucky. He indicated he gave Kentucky and Tubby the strongest consideration but in the end opted to go directly to the NBA.

Credit Tubby for recognizing a big time talent. Interesting to think how much either of their fortunes would have changed had Dirk gone to Lexington.

"Credit Tubby for recognizing big time talent." That's funny. Big time coaches shouldn't be praised for recognizing big time talent. They should be praised for signing big time talent.

"Credit Tubby for recognizing big time talent." That's funny. Big time coaches shouldn't be praised for recognizing big time talent. They should be praised for signing big time talent.

True. Tubby should have broken his legs so couldn't go to NBA. It is Tubby's fault that he decided to play in NBA not UK.

What a smart post. I bet you kept smiling after posting this.

Go Gophers

Dirk started playing German pro ball at 16. Would he be eligible to play NCAA hoops? Canadian major junior hockey players are considered "professional" by the NCAA and they only receive a small stipend.

True. Tubby should have broken his legs so couldn't go to NBA. It is Tubby's fault that he decided to play in NBA not UK.

What a smart post. I bet you kept smiling after posting this.

Go Gophers

Settle down. He's not calling out Tubby for not getting Dirk to play at Kentucky. He's just saying that anyone with some intelligence can recognize big time talent. I mean, I could recognize that Lebron had big time talent in high school, does that mean I get some credit too?

Settle down. He's not calling out Tubby for not getting Dirk to play at Kentucky. He's just saying that anyone with some intelligence can recognize big time talent. I mean, I could recognize that Lebron had big time talent in high school, does that mean I get some credit too?

He said that he only visited 3 schools so his talent was not recognized by everybody. Way to defend a dumb post. It is clear that you and the other poster lack intelligence.

Go Gophers

He said that he only visited 3 schools so his talent was not recognized by everybody. Way to defend a dumb post. It is clear that you and the other poster lack intelligence.

Go Gophers

You said it yourself. He ONLY VISITED 3 schools. Visiting schools and being offered by schools are not the same thing. In fact the original post said he had SEVERAL offers but he only decided to visit 3 schools.

Whew, good thing you didn't call people dumb when it was you had the flawed logic. That could have been awkward.

You said it yourself. He ONLY VISITED 3 schools. Visiting schools and being offered by schools are not the same thing. In fact the original post said he had SEVERAL offers but he only decided to visit 3 schools.

Whew, good thing you didn't call people dumb when it was you had the flawed logic. That could have been awkward.

I am just saying that if he was visiting more schools, like kids do these days, he only wanted to play for Tubby. Not playing for Tubby and going to NBA? Why would that take any credit away from Tubby? I never claimed that I wasn't dumb. I just don't understand the dumb posts yours included.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom