Coach Limegrover's GREAT presentation

diefirma

Reaction score
If you weren't at the Goalline Club's chalk talk last night with Coach Limegrover you missed a GREAT, GREAT presentation! Unlike previous chalktalks where an assistant coach would come and basically ad lib for a half hour, Coach Limegrover had a one and one half hour Powerpoint and video presentation.

Coach Limegrover started with the over all offensive strategy and then drilled down to the specific tactics they employ for about 20 minutes . He then showed perhaps 50 video clips illustrating each of the tactics he had talked about, running them back and forth and using a laser pointer to show exactly what he wanted us to understand. In addition to the basic offense he covered a few other points such as plays from the "mad scientist laboratory", plays they run immediately following a big play and so on. No he didn't show any clips, on purpose, from the NI / Minnesota game last year. He didn't want to rub salt in any wounds.

He is bright and witty and has a well thought out plan. I was also impressed he gave credit to the coaches who actually came up with the the strategies he employs. He didn't present himself as a football genius but rather as someone who is a student of the game willing to learn from other coaches.

I liked coach Brewster because I like enthusiastic people, but it is no wonder they beat us last year. Comparing last years defensive coaching against Coach Limegrover's offensive coaching is like comparing pig latin to Latin.

This will be a fun offense to watch in the fall.

Thanks for the recap! Those of us who live too far away from the TC and always miss these cool events appreciate it. :)

Wow! This group of coaches are different than the past few staffs.

Anksthay orfay ethay itewray-upway. I'mway eallyray ookinglay
orwardfay otay eeingsay ethay offenseway inway actionway ithway
QAY atway ethay elmhay.

Top Bottom