Willie Mobley - ACL

Reaction score
From SBNation:

Willie Mobley Injury: Arizona DT Tears ACL Playing Rec Basketball

By Kevin McCauley

Arizona Wildcats defensive tackle Willie Mosley tore his ACL playing basketball and will have surgery. Mobley is the fourth Arizona football player to tear his ACL this spring.

May 24, 2011 - While playing basketball in the student rec center, junior defensive tackle Willie Mobley of the Arizona Wildcats sustained an ACL tear and as a result, will undergo surgery, which the university confirmed on Monday. Mobley's injury is the fourth ACL tear sustained by an Arizona football player this spring, and their roster is starting to look like it's lacking in depth as a result.

Mobley played in 10 games and made seven tackles last season. He was expected to be the primary backup behind Justin Washington, who recorded 11 tackles for a loss and six and a half sacks last season. The other Arizona Wildcats football players who have sustained serious ACL injuries this spring are running back Greg Nwoko, safety Adam Hall, and linebacker Jake Fischer. Nwoko was not penciled in as a starter, but both Hall and Fischer were expected to start for Arizona.

Wait...he plays for Arizona? Didn't he transfer to UCLA? Did that not happen or did he transfer multiple times?

Sorry to hear him tear his ACL, that is some bad luck. Wonder if he will ever be a starter because I am guessing the reason he has been transferring is because he has been the backup in each of his D1 stops.

I think he left because of playing time at OSU and then went to Orange Coast CC and then verballed to UClA but couldn't get in so went to Arizona...

Anyways best of luck to him

I read that the other day. That kid has had some awful luck. Hopefully he recuperates well and gets on track.

Top Bottom