Complete Meltdown for gophers in Columbus

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Up 3-0 in the 8th, Oakes gives up two hits and with one out gives way to Maytas who then gets rocked, plus a huge error by Puhl and a stupid throwing error by the catcher with two outs that allows the winning run to score plus a terrible call at home that should of ended the inning at 3-2 when runner missed the plate. OSU gets 5 in the inning to win a game the gophers we're in complete control of and basically ends there chances of winning the tournament, no way this team has the horses to come back through the losers bracket. I guess as Minnesota sports fans we should be used to disappointment.

Up 3-0 in the 8th, Oakes gives up two hits and with one out gives way to Maytas who then gets rocked, plus a huge error by Puhl and a stupid throwing error by the catcher with two outs that allows the winning run to score plus a terrible call at home that should of ended the inning at 3-2 when runner missed the plate. OSU gets 5 in the inning to win a game the gophers we're in complete control of and basically ends there chances of winning the tournament, no way this team has the horses to come back through the losers bracket. I guess as Minnesota sports fans we should be used to disappointment.

thanks for the update, Johnny. bums me out...

Disappointing

Very disappointing loss on top of a very difficult and disappointing season. The Gophers are still alive but they will have to win at least 5 games to win the tournament. Very unlikely to happen. Thought this team had a chance to be very good before the season began but they never really got things going. Hopefully some of the big boppers in their dugout (Abrahamson and Juan) are a lot more productive next year or it could be more of the same from an offensive standpoint next season. They just aren't scoring enough runs, even with the new bats. If the Gophers get eliminated tomorrow, I'll be pulling for whoever represents the Big 10 in the NCAAs. Hopefully Michigan State is that team because I think they could make quite a bit of noise in a Regional.

I just turned today's game on to see Schlangen get doubled up off of first with a runner on third, and then the next guy get out as well, ending a 1st and 3rd w/0 out opportunity with nothing.

Now, PSU starts the top of the 4th with what should have been an e6 (throw), but not sure if they gave the kid a hit or not, and another single, and PSU has 1st and 2nd with nobody out.

Maybe I should turn it off...

Nope.

Top Bottom