Jimmy Holmes Talks Minnesota Offer--Link

The cool part is that he and his HS teammate (Cordrea Tankersley) would like to play together in college.

The bad part is that there is 0% chance of either of them coming here.

To highly ranked players we have to seel PT, our facilities should hold up against even good teams now, but PT is what we can sell. Some kids will buy it, some want to go to their home school, some want a helmet school, you have to find kids that want to play soon and are willing to take a chance.
I think the big challenge will be recivers competing against teams like Indiana and Purdue that want to throw over half of the time.

When I saw the title of the thread, I first thought it was about Jonny Holmes, the illustrious MN singing act. Maybe the U can ink a deal with him too? Tailgate party?

When I saw the title of the thread, I first thought it was about Jonny Holmes, the illustrious MN singing act. Maybe the U can ink a deal with him too? Tailgate party?

I got drunk many times at Johnny Holmes concerts and small-town summer festivals in my college days. Good times.

The cool part is that he and his HS teammate (Cordrea Tankersley) would like to play together in college.

The bad part is that there is 0% chance of either of them coming here.

You really believe that a kid would be interested in camping here, attending some games, and talking to the coaches, yet there is a "0% chance of either of them coming here."?:confused:

of course.

You really believe that a kid would be interested in camping here, attending some games, and talking to the coaches, yet there is a "0% chance of either of them coming here."?:confused:

It sets up the "I told you so" for later.

How long has it been since the Gophers signed a player from South Carolina?

How long has it been since the Gophers signed 2 players from South Carolina?

How long has it been since the Gophers signed 2 HS teammates from South Carolina?

How long has it been since the Gophers signed a player from South Carolina who has offers from Clemson, South Carolina, and Miami?

Given the above, we have a 0% chance of signing Tankersley. Given that the two have expressed a lot of interest in playing together in college, I'd also give Holmes a very small chance of signing with Minnesota. Nonetheless, there is the possibility that they won't sign together somewhere, so I will give us a .05% chance of signing Holmes. Better?

Hermann Street Dance...fishing in the dark!

GopherinPhilly--It's Herman! And how how does a Gopher in Philadelphia remember Fishin in the Dark by Johnny Holmes in Grant County? haha I remember bits and pieces of that song....

You are correct golfinggopher, just one n in Herman. I am not trying to be the grammar police here but I cought that as well so thought I would chime in. I to have been to the Herman street dance many times in the distant past, fuzzy memories but always a great time. Saw Johnny Holmes many othe places as well, the guy kind of evolved into a rural Minnesota (and beyond)singing legend. Hey! It just came to me, should'nt he play during halftime of one of the Gopher games, what better way to promote a true "community feel" for our beloved program.

I am not trying to be the grammar police here but I cought that as well so thought I would chime in. I to have been to the Herman street dance many times...should'nt he play during halftime...

Physician, heal thyself. Sorry, but I couldn't pass on that one.

It makes me sad to learn that PeeWee is no longer in the band. I assume that Jordan Holm is Johnny's daughter.
Jordan083.jpg

Very odd-- so Walters writes that GoldenSports.net reports that he committed when in fact he didn't commit.

Correct, there was no commitment, no article on scout. Not sure where he would even pull this from???

You see it is super secret only Shooter knows. lol

Top Bottom