A Gopher is getting Married!

scher215

Reaction score
Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are officially engaged.

Congrats to him, I know some will hate, but hey, good for him!

Good for him, she is smokin hot. But that's overdoing it if he really bought her a 20 carat ring.

If he doesn't get a..........

pre-nup, none of the money he's made will ever make it back home to woek in Dark Star's local economy.:)

Perfect for each other- not an ounce of humility or humanity in either of them. Perhaps the first non-criminal gopher sex tape will mysteriously "emerge" if their careers take a tumble.

Can we use this as some kind of recruiting tool? Like, look here kid, the last gopher big man to go to the NBA married Kim freaking Kardashian. Gophers?

Delta marries Craftsman - Two tools that belong in the same toolbox.

What's the over/under on the length of this marriage? 12-18 months?

Gotta love some Reggie Bush sloppy seconds :D

Maybe they can get her to hang around the team a little, within rules of course. That would be a nice recruiting tool.

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay
What's the over/under on the length of this marriage? 12-18 months?

Gotta love some Reggie Bush sloppy seconds

Seconds? You mean sloppy 88th's?

Might as well be happy for him... regarding sloppy seconds or 88th's, newsflash, all your wives and girlfirends got laid before meeting you.. just saying

Might as well be happy for him... regarding sloppy seconds or 88th's, newsflash, all your wives and girlfirends got laid before meeting you.. just saying

wives and girlfriends? You gotta be kidding me.

Agreed

Perfect for each other- not an ounce of humility or humanity in either of them. Perhaps the first non-criminal gopher sex tape will mysteriously "emerge" if their careers take a tumble.

On the face of it these two seem pretty shallow. Nice values.

My advice to him is:

1. Get a pre-nup
2. Keep your shots updated
3. If you have children, have a DNA test

NO she did not. I'm just saying.

On the face of it these two seem pretty shallow. Nice values.

My advice to him is:

1. Get a pre-nup
2. Keep your shots updated
3. If you have children, have a DNA test

She made $6 million last year. He made $3 million.

She made $6 million last year. He made $3 million.

This.

Humphries had a nice season, and may have another 5-10 years of an NBA career.

Kim has significantly more earning potential than Kris (both on a basis of what they earn right now, and her career has the potential to be many multiples longer than Kris' career).

Kris would do very well if they didn't sign a prenuptial agreement.

True, but at least it wasn't in the open for everyone to see.

I guess between them they can afford a 20 carat cubic zirconia.

This.

Humphries had a nice season, and may have another 5-10 years of an NBA career.

Kim has significantly more earning potential than Kris (both on a basis of what they earn right now, and her career has the potential to be many multiples longer than Kris' career).

Kris would do very well if they didn't sign a prenuptial agreement.

If you think her career is many times longer than Humphries 5-10 career it means you think she will be more than a trivia question in 20-30 years. No chance.

He still has 5 guys burgers stores and a meddling dad for coaching if he needs marital help

If you think her career is many times longer than Humphries 5-10 career it means you think she will be more than a trivia question in 20-30 years. No chance.

He still has 5 guys burgers stores and a meddling dad for coaching if he needs marital help

If I had to wager on who will earn more over the course of their career, I would place all my chips on Kim every day of the week, and twice on Tuesdays. If you haven't seen the way her family leverages their popularity (the family amplifies her individual earning power), then you are missing one of the more impressive marketing/retail schemes of the 21st century.

Once Kris is done with his NBA career, he has his 5 guys burgers store and the money he has earned. That's it.

Kim will age (though she will mitigate that the best she can with dermatologists, etc.) but her appeal/earning potential will not wane if the family continues to harness all the marketing avenues they currently exploit. (admission -- I have no interest in pop culture so this is merely commentary)

Sorry if that wasn't totally coherent. Maybe I'm blinded by living in LA, but I think it would be ludicrous to think Kris has more potential than Kim. I will be curious to see how big his next contract will be -- he has been a pretty marginal player until his contract year.

If I had to wager on who will earn more over the course of their career, I would place all my chips on Kim every day of the week, and twice on Tuesdays. If you haven't seen the way her family leverages their popularity (the family amplifies her individual earning power), then you are missing one of the more impressive marketing/retail schemes of the 21st century.

Once Kris is done with his NBA career, he has his 5 guys burgers store and the money he has earned. That's it.

Kim will age (though she will mitigate that the best she can with dermatologists, etc.) but her appeal/earning potential will not wane if the family continues to harness all the marketing avenues they currently exploit. (admission -- I have no interest in pop culture so this is merely commentary)

Sorry if that wasn't totally coherent. Maybe I'm blinded by living in LA, but I think it would be ludicrous to think Kris has more potential than Kim. I will be curious to see how big his next contract will be -- he has been a pretty marginal player until his contract year.

He has never had minutes like he had this year.

SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

'04-'05 UTAH 67 4 13.0 1.7-4.3 .404 0.0-0.1 .333 0.7-1.5 .436 1.1 1.9 3.0 0.6 0.3 0.4 1.4 0.8 4.1
'05-'06 UTAH 62 2 10.0 1.2-3.3 .379 0.0-0.1 .000 0.5-1.0 .523 0.9 1.6 2.5 0.5 0.3 0.4 1.3 0.5 3.0
'06-'07 TOR 60 2 11.2 1.5-3.1 .470 0.0-0.0 .000 0.9-1.3 .671 1.3 1.8 3.1 0.3 0.4 0.2 1.6 0.5 3.8
'07-'08 TOR 70 0 13.2 2.3-4.8 .483 0.0-0.0 .000 1.1-1.8 .605 1.3 2.4 3.7 0.4 0.4 0.4 1.5 0.7 5.7
'08-'09 TOR 29 0 9.1 1.3-3.1 .422 0.0-0.0 .000 1.3-1.7 .792 0.8 1.6 2.4 0.3 0.2 0.3 1.1 0.3 3.9
'09-'10 DAL 25 0 12.6 2.1-4.6 .461 0.0-0.0 .000 1.0-1.8 .568 1.5 2.3 3.8 0.3 0.4 0.3 1.7 0.5 5.2
'09-'10 NJ 44 0 20.6 2.9-6.7 .433 0.0-0.0 .000 2.3-3.3 .699 1.9 4.6 6.5 0.6 0.8 0.7 2.3 1.2 8.1
'10-'11 NJ 74 44 27.9 4.1-7.9 .527 0.0-0.0 .000 1.7-2.6 .665 3.0 7.4 10.4 1.1 1.1 0.4 2.3 1.4 10.0
Career 431 52 15.4 2.2-4.8 .462 0.0-0.0 .133 1.2-1.9 .624 1.6 3.1 4.6 0.6 0.5 0.4 1.7 0.8 5.6

He has never had minutes like he had this year.

I would submit that he has never had minutes like he had this year because he was not very effective in the past.

The past 1.5 seasons in New Jersey, he seems to have both improved his game, but also he played on a really bad NJ team. They didn't really have all that many options besides him at PF.

His stat line this year is very solid -- 53% shooting and averaged a double double. Perhaps he is one of those guys that really needs the minutes to get in a rhythm and play well (his shooting percentage was pretty atrocious for a PF in his two seasons in Utah).

+$2 Million Ring

Smart business decision. The family has Lamar Odom and Khloe for the LA market. Now they have Kim and Kris for the NY market. The ring is an investment in fame and publicity. Expect a new TV series on Cable "Kim and Kris- the early years". I bet the wedding will be on Lifetime.

The fame is probably more important to them than the money. Come-on what has Kim ever done?
Why is she a celebrity?

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/alpha-consumer/2011/05/26/kim-kardashians-ring-a-good-investment

Top Bottom