John Leuer

march madness

Reaction score
I think Leuer may have benefited more than anyone from the predraft measurables. 5% body fat, 6'10" barefoot and 6'11 and 1/2" with shoes on. This may help him taste the end of the frist round. 223 is light to play the 4. I don't think he has the athleticism to start but I think he would be a nice outside shooting 4 on a team with a stud post player

Are we suppose to hope he fails at the next level? Not sure where a player who lost his scholarship to Hoffarber fits into this...

I think Leuer may have benefited more than anyone from the predraft measurables. 5% body fat, 6'10" barefoot and 6'11 and 1/2" with shoes on. This may help him taste the end of the frist round. 223 is light to play the 4. I don't think he has the athleticism to start but I think he would be a nice outside shooting 4 on a team with a stud post player

Random question, can you post the link for all of the draft entrants measurables? Just curious to see what other players came in at.

His shooting was a bit off last year, he creates matchup problems though because of his size and skills, not a star but he will do fine in the NBA.

Not sure where a player who lost his scholarship to Hoffarber fits into this...
In fairness, Leuer was offered first, and had a standing offer from the U way before Hoffarber did.

They opened it up to Hoffarber after it looked like Leuer wasn't interested, and said the first one to take it gets the scholarship. Leuer signed with Wisconsin shortly thereafter. And Hoffarber was the only one left to take our offer.

JohnnyGopher said the U actually had to play catch up, as Hoffarber was offered by much better schools (Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Louisville) earlier, and there was a chance he wouldn't take the U's scholarship either after being passed over.

Wow, Irving's bigger than I thought. Almost 6'4" with shoes. Man that first pick would've been nice.

Leuer's status was crushed by that Butler performance...I suspect that one game along will cost him 10 to 15 spots in the draft.

As for the T-Wolves, they need to trade Beasley and draft Williams from AZ...Williams is the only future All-Star in this draft...Beasley is a gunner who shoots about 41%...Williams will become an All-Star in 2 years.

Nobody has their draft status "crushed" by one performance. Regardless of where he went to school and where he grew up.

The Wolves have enough slow unathletic tall players. You may correct me if I'm wrong but other than marginal devon harris (?) grinch has not turned out any NBA players.

You may correct me if I'm wrong but other than marginal devon harris (?) grinch has not turned out any NBA players.

Kirk "Wrinkled" Penney

Alando Tucker

Paul Grant was a #1 pick of your Timberwolves back in the day. And name me some slow, unathletic players on the Wolves squad. They are many things but slow and athletic isn't at the top of the list.

I'll bite. Nikola Peckovic. Luke Ridnour. Kevin Love (amazingly coordinated, and a top shelf talented, but not exactly a supreme athlete).

Oh, and I don't have the same feelings toward Leuer as I do toward Joseph. It's pretty clear (to me) that we were working Hoff a little harder.

I'll give you Pec but Ridnour? He's a good athlete. And Love isnt "unathletic" by any means

I'll give you Pec but Ridnour? He's a good athlete. And Love isnt "unathletic" by any means

Ridnour just seems unathletic in terms of quickness, explosion, etc. He's a good mid-range shooter, but he can't stay in front of guys. I suppose compared to Paul Grant or Stoyko Vrankovic, though, he's pretty athletic. And as far as Love goes, I just said he was pretty slow and unathletic compared to the normal NBA player. He's got amazing athleticism in terms of hand-eye coordination, balance, and strength, but he's not exactly quick or a great leaper.

Top Bottom