Big STrib story on Tyus Jones on his recruitment, development, AAU schedule, etc.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Myron had a very nice and long cover story in Sunday's STrib on Tyus Jones. It's one of those print edition exclusives so the link probably won't be live online until Wednesday, but it's a good read once it is live. Most of it won't be new to GHers who've been following Tyus, but for those that are just learning about him, it's a well done piece. It talks about how Iowa and Minnesota are the first to offer, his upcoming try-out with USA Basketball, the fact that basketball is in his family, etc.

Here is an accompanying video package and I'll post the link if I see it on Wednesday:

http://www.startribune.com/video/122408489.html

Go Gophers!!

I'm still trying to figure this out. Is this journalism?

"The next three months will be intense, his schedule filled with elite AAU tournaments, select camps and the national tryout. His performance could have long-term ramifications.

Justify the hype that he is one of America's best young point guards -- and this state's most complete point guard since Minneapolis North star Khalid El-Amin in the 1990s -- and every major college will line up. Struggle, and his opportunities will diminish accordingly."

Top Bottom