Can we rebill Brewster for lost season ticket sales?

Reaction score
Reup rate is 90%. 97% in lower bowl locations. The Brewster era is offically ended.

Reup rate is 90%. 97% in lower bowl locations. The Brewster era is offically ended.

Ruppert: you can't get blood from a turnip or any kind of garden variety veggie...and...brewster certainly was pretty much generic garden variety vegitation when it came to coaching a football team. You can't get a refund from brewster, BUT, you can demand a pound of flesh from badger joel macturi for his entire handling of the football program...the hockey program, the women's hoops program and the the hoops program. Put this squarely on the soon to be FORMER prexy b and his partner in revenue sports crimes. badger joel macturi.

And where was that great academic program that brewster, under the "watchful eye" of bjm had supposedly put in place????? Why so many near flat-liner academic problems with the football team right now????? It certainly isn't Coach Kill's fault. And it can't be G. Mason's fault. Let's see, who was in charge for the past four years?????

I understand that you are all very qualified due to the abundance of you self-important internet message board posts, but how is this Brew's fault?

Our new coach, the savior of GHers, has been creating excitement among the masses, at least according to posts by the bulk of seasoned/veteran(bored? unemployed?) posters here and links to media members who have been quick to jump on the down-to-earthiness of Coach Kill. His honestly has been refreshing, hasn't it? That's been quoted multiple times, disregarding the fact that said honesty should be insanely insulting to anyone who actually cheers for the Minnesota program.

Maybe Jerry Kill will bring the Gophs to greatness. Maybe he won't. Let's pause for one second, however, and recognize that Jerry Kill was an afterthought of a hire. He was unimpressive as a candidate and took this job after the eight or nine more impressive jobs in the country filled. He was, and remains, unproven and unimpressive to people who buy season tickets yet have more pressing issues in their day to day lives than finding time to post on message boards (the large majority are, admittedly, more important than me). That's one reason season ticket sales are down.

The guy who has placated a weary fan base by telling them the current talent sucks and will probably suck forever, the savior of a coach who says his job is going to be an uphill battle because everything is awful about the current team and its players, well, maybe he should just shut up and coach. Tell us we are awful and you want us to buy tickets? Really? Clearly, he's mastered the art of sandbagging, but that doesn't sell tickets.

Ticket sales are down because the coach is underwhelming and underselling. All 100 internet-important season ticket holders (and the 200 who probably don't have season tickets) don't actually matter in the grand scheme of the program. Gain some clarity and realize that perspective is important to the non-average rube.

Sorry for the dose of reality. But please continue enjoying your internet importance.

I understand that you are all very qualified due to the abundance of you self-important internet message board posts, but how is this Brew's fault?

Our new coach, the savior of GHers, has been creating excitement among the masses, at least according to posts by the bulk of seasoned/veteran(bored? unemployed?) posters here and links to media members who have been quick to jump on the down-to-earthiness of Coach Kill. His honestly has been refreshing, hasn't it? That's been quoted multiple times, disregarding the fact that said honesty should be insanely insulting to anyone who actually cheers for the Minnesota program.

Maybe Jerry Kill will bring the Gophs to greatness. Maybe he won't. Let's pause for one second, however, and recognize that Jerry Kill was an afterthought of a hire. He was unimpressive as a candidate and took this job after the eight or nine more impressive jobs in the country filled. He was, and remains, unproven and unimpressive to people who buy season tickets yet have more pressing issues in their day to day lives than finding time to post on message boards (the large majority are, admittedly, more important than me). That's one reason season ticket sales are down.

The guy who has placated a weary fan base by telling them the current talent sucks and will probably suck forever, the savior of a coach who says his job is going to be an uphill battle because everything is awful about the current team and its players, well, maybe he should just shut up and coach. Tell us we are awful and you want us to buy tickets? Really? Clearly, he's mastered the art of sandbagging, but that doesn't sell tickets.

Ticket sales are down because the coach is underwhelming and underselling. All 100 internet-important season ticket holders (and the 200 who probably don't have season tickets) don't actually matter in the grand scheme of the program. Gain some clarity and realize that perspective is important to the non-average rube.

Sorry for the dose of reality. But please continue enjoying your internet importance.

Feeling self important this morning! Yet, you are spot-on!

Did Brewmaster just put up a huge message board post to complain and complain about how lame message board posters are? The comedy writes itself around here sometimes.

It was pure sarcasm on my part.

Still, the buck stops with the HC. He was paid a million plus a year to get it done. He had the new stadium to fuel success. The crowd base now is almost back to what it was at the Dome. Depending on student sales, you're probably going to have 7,000 empty seats except for Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska. What we hoped wouldn't happen has happened. We've turned TCF
into a visitor's haven. The "Crown Jewel" of the Big Ten as Lou Holtz called it on ESPN when TCF opened is back to being a diamond in the rough that is 3/4 filled.

Still, the buck stops with the HC. He was paid a million plus a year to get it done. He had the new stadium to fuel success. The crowd base now is almost back to what it was at the Dome. Depending on student sales, you're probably going to have 7,000 empty seats except for Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska. What we hoped wouldn't happen has happened. We've turned TCF
into a visitor's haven. The "Crown Jewel" of the Big Ten as Lou Holtz called it on ESPN when TCF opened is back to being a diamond in the rough that is 3/4 filled.

It's halfway to what it was at the Dome. There were approx 29,000 season tickets sold at the Dome. A 90% renewal rate puts the current # at approx 33,000. And if you think there will be empty seats versus NDSU then you are deluding yourself.

Everytime I see these Brewster posts I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. I can't believe how I supported him to the end. Kill simply tells it the way it is. If you can't handle reality, then go play some checkers or something.

Shama chimes in on the subject:

"Jason LaFrenz from the Gophers marketing department said after the last football season a survey indicated 83 percent of public season ticket holders planned to renew their tickets. Now the renewal process is “pretty much finalized” and 90 percent of season ticket holders have committed for next season. He said that figure compares with 93 percent last year.

The better than expected renewal rate ties to the growing popularity of new coach Jerry Kill. The hire didn’t create much positivity with many fans last fall but the public and media has been impressed with his coaching success at other schools and the forthright way he’s gone about his job so far at Minnesota.

A website called Coaches By The Numbers analyzes college football coaches and offers data flattering toward Kill. Kill has won almost 70 percent of his games when playing teams with equal talent, and approaches 50 percent when at a talent disadvantage, according to the website’s analysis."

http://www.shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

"Jason LaFrenz from the Gophers marketing department said after the last football season a survey indicated 83 percent of public season ticket holders planned to renew their tickets. Now the renewal process is “pretty much finalized” and 90 percent of season ticket holders have committed for next season. He said that figure compares with 93 percent last year.

The better than expected renewal rate ties to the growing popularity of new coach Jerry Kill. The hire didn’t create much positivity with many fans last fall but the public and media has been impressed with his coaching success at other schools and the forthright way he’s gone about his job so far at Minnesota.

But The Brewmaster's post made bold statements about how no one likes Jerry Kill and that's why the renewal rate is down (versus what seems like a reasonable # of lost fans given last season's crappy record and the fickle MN fanbase)...his epic message board rant against the stupidity of message board posters (of which he is one) couldn't have been off point could it?

And for those who are wondering, the 3% drop in season ticket sales equates to 1,110 seats. Is anyone really surprised that the Gophers would lose 1,100 season ticket holders given the on-field product last year?

Well I'm burning my Brews Crew Sweatshirt and the Brewmaster should change his "calling name" at the same time. I'm anxious for my next sweat shirt.

Top Bottom