Shooter says Zierden and Siyani to receive some nice offers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shooter:

"Word is Notre Dame and Maryland are preparing to offer a basketball tender to Benilde-St. Margaret's guard Isaiah Zierden, son of Washington Wizards assistant Don Zierden.

Also, Providence and Georgia Tech are on the verge of offering a scholarship to Hopkins' Siyani Chambers."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18112858

Go Gophers!!

Interesting...think the Gophers should offer one of the two before it's too late

Also...

Sanjay Lumpkin - offered by Santa Clara and Princeton recently

Out of the 3 I would take Zierden. Don't think Lumpkin is a high-major. Chambers can compete but would only be a roll player IMO. Zierden can play guard spots and the Gophers are in need of a shooter. The kid who really intrigues me in this class it Taylor Stafford of Duluth East. Any word on his recruitment?

none, he must not be having a great spring so far. the problem with this class is that there are way too many kids on the border of being ready for the B10 (chambers, Zierdan, Woodard, King, Washington) yet they are either too small, not polished enough yet, or just simply not skilled enough yet. We know they are going to be really good somewhere, but we also know there is a possibility they could bust.

Chambers, a true point guard which the Gophers haven't had since Robinson, I don't think they need another combo guard.

He may not blow you away with his athletism and skills but he knows the position and plays it well. I just thinks his skill set matches a Gophers need.

Interesting...think the Gophers should offer one of the two before it's too late

Also...

Sanjay Lumpkin - offered by Santa Clara and Princeton recently

Princeton doesn't offer athletic scholarships. So whatever their "offer" is - it isn't the same as a scholarship offer.

I'm hearing that the Gophers are close to offering Matt Thomas (2013, Onalaska, WI) and that he's becoming a higher priority than Zierden. Anyone that's connected know?

Taylor stafford has not received much attention this spring. But once again Johnny Woodard (same high school, same AAU team) had another great weekend but dislocated his shoulder. Just waiting for high major teams to start offer him.

Top Bottom