BS-ing on the fishing opener

Reaction score
with the boys and my son broght up this question. "Dad, if we beat USC and it was possible to greet the team at the airport ( security) would you do it"? You know, crazy as it may seem, yes I would.

I did after the the last jug win. I live in Bloomington so not much of a drive. Got to touch the jug. The players reaction was pretty cool.

Ruppert, my buds and I just arrived in Ely for our annual week of fishing, staying at a resort on Farm Lake. What are the walleyes hitting on?

Fishing was slow.

Ruppert, my buds and I just arrived in Ely for our annual week of fishing, staying at a resort on Farm Lake. What are the walleyes hitting on?

Farm is a great lake. Last week you either had to fish early or in the evening By early I mean sunup. We didn't use anything bigger than an 8th ounce jig. Smaller minnows seem to work best. Water temperature on the opener was 54 degrees on our lake which is only 15 feet deep. Yesterday when we left it had jumped up too 61 degrees, so you guys might be hitting Farm at the right time. Good Luck!!

"BS-ing on the fishing opener"

Opening weekend on Mille Lacs was crap. But my 16 year old grand son brought in a fish, and his dad (MY SON) said, as I netted it, "Oh *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# just a frikking eelpout!". My grandson was forlorn, till we boated a nice keeper 2-lb walleye. Talk about BS'ing on the opener? We are amongst the best BS'ers. Gotta love it. :)

Top Bottom