Phil Miller blog: Gray summer update: He'll be coaching, too

Nice article. I like that he's keeping productive. Productivity is a good thing for football players during the off season.. Helps keep them sharp and out of trouble.

"Q" continues to impress me with his maturation. I had serious questions when he was found ineligible due to flagged ACT scores. That could mean so very many things, but it doesn't matter today in 2011. I've seen this kid stick with his commitment to the U of M, stand by his coach when things weren't going well, work hard at being a great receiver when he wanted to be quarterback, and now throw himself into becoming a Kill-type quarterback, teammate and human being.

There are a lot of things to feel good about with Gopher football right now, despite last year's record. A two game win streak may have something to do with it, but I just like how we're working on addressing character issues from a coaching standpoint and becoming better at doing life in general.

Go Gophers!

I can't help but think that all the stuff that happened to Gray before this year has taught him to cherish this opportunity and he's making the best effort of it. So I'm very happy he's had some time to mature before he takes the reins.

MarQueis Gray is a quarterback, a receiver, and perhaps the Gophers' best all-around athlete.

Correction: Gray is the best amateur athlete in the state and he has been for a while.

Kill had this to say about Q yesterday. Pretty interesting quote:

“When we walked in the door here, we were told he couldn’t do it. He flat surprised us during spring ball. If he had played quarterback all along, he’d be as good as Terrelle Pryor. He just lacks experience.”

I wonder who told him he couldn't do it?

Either a brilliant statement or a ridiculous one. I guess we'll find out in about 3 months.

I wonder who told him he couldn't do it?

"Kill told the Willmar crowd, though he clarified later that it wasn't Brewster's staff that offered that critique; it was more a reflection of Gray's inexperience at the position."

My guess is Big Enema.

Top Bottom