Dana O'Neil writes long story on former Nova star Will Sheridan coming out

Why would he be proud of being gay?
Wow. Pure ignorance by GopherFan75. I would hope that if any player walk on or scholarship would receive the same treatment regardless of their sexual preference at the U of M

I think the irony of this story is that while Sheridan was at Villanova they grew as a national power and I recall those teams as extremely cohesive units-or the exact opposite of what we've heard will occur in the locker rooms if an athlete comes out. On the other hand, two seasons ago, a promising season for Nova fell to shambles over alleged problems between Corey Reynolds and Corey Fisher over Reynolds' girlfriend (if I recall the story correctly).

Very well done story again by O'Neil, she just continues to deliver compelling stories in the college basketball world.

And to GF75's response, I'm glad that Sheridan has that self-pride. When you consider the suicide rates/attempts of homosexual youth in comparison to the heterosexual population, it's obvious that self-loathing has pretty detrimental effects on many young homosexuals.

I think the irony of this story is that while Sheridan was at Villanova they grew as a national power and I recall those teams as extremely cohesive units-or the exact opposite of what we've heard will occur in the locker rooms if an athlete comes out. On the other hand, two seasons ago, a promising season for Nova fell to shambles over alleged problems between Corey Reynolds and Corey Fisher over Reynolds' girlfriend (if I recall the story correctly).

Very well done story again by O'Neil, she just continues to deliver compelling stories in the college basketball world.

And to GF75's response, I'm glad that Sheridan has that self-pride. When you consider the suicide rates/attempts of homosexual youth in comparison to the heterosexual population, it's obvious that self-loathing has pretty detrimental effects on many young homosexuals.

They are clearly weaker mentally then.

Wow. Pure ignorance by GopherFan75. I would hope that if any player walk on or scholarship would receive the same treatment regardless of their sexual preference at the U of M

Zach Puchtel

Once again, CH - you took the words out of my mouth. I am HUGE Dana O'Neil fan. I wish we got to see more of her - but she's all about substance, not the ratings grabber that an Erin Andrews type is.

As for GF75...I honestly thought he was kidding with that comment. I guess I was hoping. Unreal.

Top Bottom