Three point shooters

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Does anybody else feel that there are some players on this team that flat out should not be shooting 3-pointers?

I absolutely cringe when DJ fires up a 3-pointer, and I don't feel that much better when Nolen does either. The kicker is, if Nolen doesn't develop as more of a threat to shoot, teams will slack off him even more, not having to respect his shot. It's a tough call.

Hoff, JAS, Westbrook, Bostick, and Joseph have all proven to be fairly effective shooters from the arc.

There, I'm done venting. Been driving me nuts for weeks.

As a side note, Westbrook did have a rough night last night scoring but in watching some of the game on the replay, a number of his shots, including a few 3-balls, were not far off. Sure would be nice if he was a couple inches taller...

They can all hit the 3 when they square up and aren't being guarded. However, some of them toss it up there anyway.

Also, some of our missed 3's are deperate last second shots because our offense isn't getting anything done over 35 seconds.

It's not about how they can shoot as much as it is how often and in what situations they are shooting. Nolen isn't one of our best three point shooters, but he rarely forces a three and only shoots when wide open.

DJ is the only person who takes too many ill-advised three's IMO.

Does anybody else feel that there are some players on this team that flat out should not be shooting 3-pointers?

I absolutely cringe when DJ fires up a 3-pointer, and I don't feel that much better when Nolen does either. The kicker is, if Nolen doesn't develop as more of a threat to shoot, teams will slack off him even more, not having to respect his shot. It's a tough call.

Hoff, JAS, Westbrook, Bostick, and Joseph have all proven to be fairly effective shooters from the arc.

There, I'm done venting. Been driving me nuts for weeks.

As a side note, Westbrook did have a rough night last night scoring but in watching some of the game on the replay, a number of his shots, including a few 3-balls, were not far off. Sure would be nice if he was a couple inches taller...

DJ has really only shot 3 pointers when the shot clock is about to run out...except when he stroked that one with 22 seconds left against Wisconsin. I dont see your point there.

Top Bottom