Gus Johnson leaving CBS

We will probably be seeing even more of him on weekend Big Ten Network games now.

Unless he signs with ESPN.

He left for Fox. They are likely making him their #1 guy for the new Pac 12 deal. I assume he will be allowed to continue on the BTN given Fox's ownership stake.

No big loss.

Gus Johnson is a decent announcer but I just dont see the man love so many have for him. I find him an average announcer nothing special but better than some. He can go to Fox no big loss.

Gus Johnson is a decent announcer but I just dont see the man love so many have for him. I find him an average announcer nothing special but better than some. He can go to Fox no big loss.

Ya how can someone like having excitement or emotion in their calls? It's horrendous. I much prefer Jim Nantz calling the game like it's Sunday at Augusta. Not to mention his WONDERFUL puns after the title game. TIC.

Ya how can someone like having excitement or emotion in their calls? It's horrendous. I much prefer Jim Nantz calling the game like it's Sunday at Augusta. Not to mention his WONDERFUL puns after the title game. TIC.

He has an opinion just like you have an opinion.

Get over it.

boo-this-man.gif

And yes, I'm kidding (mostly). Your opinion is valid. I just disagree wholeheartedly. ;) FWIW, who do you like as a college bball announcer?

Yeah, I can see why some may be turned off by Gus, he can sometimes get to a level some would consider "over the top". Personally, I love it, but yeah, I know a few that are turned off by that.

There are many.

The problem with Gus Johnson is that he tries to hard to make things that are not all that exciting, exciting. A guy gets a steal and an uncontested layup its not a reason to lose your mind. If it was a big dunk with someone playing defense it would be one thing. The other problem with Gus is he can get lost in the game and screws up far to many names. Last year I watched a game he did and he called the point guard the wrong name for almost half the game. Finally his color guy said something about the point guard trying to point out that Gus was saying the wrong player. He then corrected himself but by the end of the game he was doing it again.

He isnt the worst by any means I just dont think he is above average. Just my opinnion he is not my favorite but I dont have a problem with those who do like him.

Best basketball announcer for my money is Kevin Harlan who is an over the top guy but he still calls the game.

The problem with Gus Johnson is that he tries to hard to make things that are not all that exciting, exciting. A guy gets a steal and an uncontested layup its not a reason to lose your mind. If it was a big dunk with someone playing defense it would be one thing. The other problem with Gus is he can get lost in the game and screws up far to many names. Last year I watched a game he did and he called the point guard the wrong name for almost half the game. Finally his color guy said something about the point guard trying to point out that Gus was saying the wrong player. He then corrected himself but by the end of the game he was doing it again.

He isnt the worst by any means I just dont think he is above average. Just my opinnion he is not my favorite but I dont have a problem with those who do like him.

Best basketball announcer for my money is Kevin Harlan who is an over the top guy but he still calls the game.

I love people who don't like Gus. He should hire you to tell him when its ok to get excited. Go back to your desk.

GUS to FOX TV!

TO: GENERAL MANAGERS, GENERAL SALES MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS, PROMOTION MANAGERS, TRAFFIC MANAGERS

FR: FOX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION

DT: MAY 10, 2011

RE: GUS JOHNSON JOINS FOX

RISE AND FIRE … COUNT IT!!!

GUS JOHNSON NAMED THE VOICE OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL FOR FOX

& MEN’S BASKETBALL ON BIG TEN NETWORK

Teams with Analyst Charles Davis on FX in 2011; FOX Sports in 2012 and Beyond

Los Angeles & Chicago -- The voice renowned for March Madness buzzer-beaters is now the voice of fall’s gridiron glory and more as FOX Sports Media Group has named Gus Johnson lead play-by-play announcer for its college football coverage and men’s basketball on the Big Ten Network. He will team with FOX Sports football analyst Charles Davis to form the Group’s lead college football announce team. The announcement was made today by FOX Sports Executive Producer and Co-President & COO, FOX Sports Media Group, Eric Shanks.

Top Bottom