Tyus Jones is about to blow up

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Starting to get some recognition from Dave Telep while playing in the EYBL. I'd imagine the recruiting services will begin to take a closer look at him.

@DaveTelep: Ok. Looks like Tyus Jones just dropped 45 points vs Seattle
@DaveTelep: Ok last tweet on Tyus Jones. To complete my man crush I'll say he carries himself like a young @Oneandonlycp3. (Chris Paul)
@DaveTelep: Tyus Jones isn't cocky but he is a FR out here and he carries himself better than the SRS.
@DaveTelep: I know it's early but there can't be many more PGs with a better overall feel for the position than 2014 Tyus Jones of Pulley.

Maybe the highest rated player to ever come out of Minnesota. Rumored to have respect for MSU, this kid is an absolute must for the Gopher program.

Maybe the highest rated player to ever come out of Minnesota. Rumored to have respect for MSU, this kid is an absolute must for the Gopher program.

Well the problem is Tyus doesn't seem to be a big U fan in general. He said he's been a fan of Michigan State for a while. If he starts blowing up, then expect offers from Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc. He might be tough to keep in the borders.

Where our program is at in a few years will probably determine if we have a shot at Tyus or not.

Thank goodness. . .after reading the headline, I thought Jones was spotted cracking open a soda after pouring a package of Pop Rocks in his mouth!

I think it'll be hard for us to keep Tyus if we don't make a run in the NCAA once in the next few years.

Well the problem is Tyus doesn't seem to be a big U fan in general. He said he's been a fan of Michigan State for a while. If he starts blowing up, then expect offers from Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc. He might be tough to keep in the borders.

While I agree he will be tough to keep home, I also think it is inaccurate to say he doesn't seem to be a big U fan in general. He's attended many, many games at Williams Arena (including several last year) and has family ties to the Gophers. If he chooses to go elsewhere, I think it will be because it is too hard to pass up a namebrand school, not because he isn't a fan of the Gophers.

Quite frankly this coaching staff needs to worry more about '12 and '13 right now than anyone from '14. We are a patient bunch here but we won't wait forever.

Re: Highest rated ever

:clap:

Are you trying to make the Common Man's preposterous statement list?

Jones absolutely will be the highest rated player ever out of Minnesota, barring injury or something else to sidetrack his career. He has the potential to be a top 5 in the country recruit. He is the best point guard in the state and he's a FRESHMAN. He will be able to pick any school in the country.

For Starters:

Khalid, Jacobsen, Peterson, Bruer, Humphries, Aldrich.

Tyus may or may not end up ranked higher than those players, but either way it isn't a preposterous statement. Tyus may very well be the best point guard in the 2014 class right now. How much he physically develops and how much he continues to improve will determine just how good he ends up. It'll be fun to watch him develop.

Obviously, Tyus Jones will be playing Division One what he needs to understand his studies are just as important. If he picks MN than great if not no hard feelings.

Maybe he will be higher than any of those, and maybe he won't. Maybe you didn't notice the use of the word maybe in the original post? Either way, it's not a preposterous statement to make. Not even remotely.

I also find it curious that you mentioned Aldrich in the post. He wasn't even rated that highly. White was ranked much higher, as will Jones almost certainly.

Then again, the overall lack of melanin in your list is quite telling. You couldn't include White (and the possibility of Jones) in your list. Hmm. Interesting. Maybe this is an indicative of a certain trait of yours?

the schedule for this weekends Howard Pulley Invitational at the HP Academy facility in Eagan is now posted. Great opportunity to go see some of the players such as Tyus, Siyani Chambers, Isaiah Zierdan plus more that get a lot of conversation on this board.

http://howardpulleybasketball.com/

Ryan James will have a preview of the tourney out soon also, I will try to remember to post a link when I see it.

He left off a guy who was highly rated but has yet to play college basketball, and included a lower rated white guy who had a great career at Kansas, and this is enough to insinuate racism? Jeepers.

And while I'm sure White was rated higher than Aldrich, some of us don't keep 5 year old Hoopscoop magazines lying around the house so I could see how the mistake would be made, especially considering how different their college careers have been (so far).

By the way, I'm just old enough to have watched Khalid in high scool, and if Tyus Jones is anything like him he would be one of the most fun recruits ever to go to the Gophs.

some of us don't keep 5 year old Hoopscoop magazines lying around the house

A magazine? What's that? Sorry, SEMEN, I haven't read one of those in a while.

Something tells me you maybe haven't read much of anything in awhile :)

Or...he just looked them up on Rivals and Scout websites lol, really isn't that hard.

Something tells me you maybe haven't read much of anything in awhile :)

If you knew me at all, SEMEN, you would know how laughable it is to even suggest such a thing.

Well, then, my apologies. I should have known better.

I agree with almost all of your points in this thread... but Aldrich wasn't rated that highly? #13 on ESPN and 30 on Rivals. White was 35 on ESPN and 19 on Rivals.

Maybe he will be higher than any of those, and maybe he won't. Maybe you didn't notice the use of the word maybe in the original post? Either way, it's not a preposterous statement to make. Not even remotely.

I also find it curious that you mentioned Aldrich in the post. He wasn't even rated that highly. White was ranked much higher, as will Jones almost certainly.

Then again, the overall lack of melanin in your list is quite telling. You couldn't include White (and the possibility of Jones) in your list. Hmm. Interesting. Maybe this is an indicative of a certain trait of yours?

He's about to blow up????? WHERE'S THE BLUE WIRE?

time-bomb-alarm_5965.jpg

the schedule for this weekends Howard Pulley Invitational at the HP Academy facility in Eagan is now posted. Great opportunity to go see some of the players such as Tyus, Siyani Chambers, Isaiah Zierdan plus more that get a lot of conversation on this board.

http://howardpulleybasketball.com/

Ryan James will have a preview of the tourney out soon also, I will try to remember to post a link when I see it.

here is the link to the Ryan James article

http://www.minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1219026

Top Bottom