Kudos on the Trent Tucker halftime presentation!

GopherLady

Reaction score
I don't think it's any secret that I'm the first one to criticize the U when I feel they do something 1/2 azz...I also want to be the first one to congratulate them when they do a good job, and I think the halftime presentation should be congratulated!

I haven't read all of the threads from tonight, so I apologize if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it. Which is kind of funny, because we all know if they would have blown this, about 100 of us would be up in arms about it!

For those of you that didn't get to see it, it was very well done, complete with speeches from Tubby, Jim Dutcher and the man of the hour, highlight film, the actual framed Jersey for Trent, and of course, the banner that will hang in Williams forever. It was nice to honor such a legend, appropriately.

Great job Gopher staff on making this a very classy presentation!

Agreed -- very nice job

I'll admit I was wondering if it would be another mish-mash like the alumni recognition a few weeks back. But this was a very nice and fitting tribute to Trent Tucker.

Super job, athletic department/marketing department.

I agree...it was very well done, and Trent's comments were gracious as usual.

Go Gophers!!

I agree, I thought it was a great half time presentation. For those of us there, did anybody else notice the lady with the headset on moving around like crazy trying to get in Trent's sightline to tell him to wrap up the speech since there was only about 2 minutes left of halftime and they hadn't even unveiled his banner yet, haha. Great halftime presentation, and good game by the Gophers, there was some good energy in the barn last night!

I as well thought the U would somehow mess this up, but they did a very good job. It was nice to hear from Dutcher again. That brought me back to watching TV with him as a commentator.

Breu?

Does anyone know if Breu ever graduated from the U? I honestly don't know. That's one of the criteria for having your jersey retired from here forward.

Speaking of graduation, did anyone notice that Troy Aikman just graduated from UCLA (sociology)?

Aikman and Trent

Good for Aikman and good for Trent. I give these guys a lot of credit. There certainly was no need for them to finish their schooling -- they've been plenty successful in their chosen fields despite not having a degree -- but they did so anyways. It's a great example for some of these knuckleheads that get into college nowadays.

... complete with speeches from Tubby, Jim Dutcher and the man of the hour
What? No Michael Jordan?

I as well thought the U would somehow mess this up, but they did a very good job. It was nice to hear from Dutcher again. That brought me back to watching TV with him as a commentator.

I miss Dutch as a commentator. Aways a real in depth analysis.

Having said that did anyone notice three of the five retired #s are Jim Dutcher players.

During the presentation, Trent said that his 3 older brothers couldn't come 'cause they don't like flying. WTF? Your brother is having his jersey retired. I think his brothers suck!!

Top Bottom