Shama: Grimm and Tollackson will do the Gopher games on 1500am

dave lee is better than tollackson

Grim is better than Lee. Tollackson is better than Lee. You would be better than Lee. Nice, successful radio guy not built for play by play. If you enjoy hearing two minutes late what the crowd is cheering about- you enjoy Dave Lee.

Grim is better than Lee. Tollackson is better than Lee. You would be better than Lee. Nice, successful radio guy not built for play by play. If you enjoy hearing two minutes late what the crowd is cheering about- you enjoy Dave Lee.

And here he comes, its... Grier, and he shoots and its rebounded ... and it's up... no good ... and illinois comes up the floor ... swings it over to the wing... shoots... it's a three! No wait, that's a two. A two for Illinois. And the Gophers are up by 5. No, make that three.

Not sure why Shama thinks this is news now. KSTP said those two guys would be doing the games on 1500 on the day the new deal was announced in March.

Hey, I'm no Dave Lee fan, but I simply cannot understand why anyone who has ever listened to more than 5 minutes of a Gopher Radio broadcast things Mike Grimm is a good announcer.

Here's my take on Mike Grimm: "terrible call by the officials." "awful call by the officials," "how can they call that a foul?" "I can't believe they didn't call a foul on that play." "They're letting the other team get away with travelling...." and so on and so on and so on........

The guy spends the ENTIRE game complaining about the officiating. It's ALL he talks about. If you don't believe me, listen to the game. That is Not a good play-by-play broadcaster in my book. Tollackson is OK - I don't think he adds much to the broadcast, but he's not blatanly offensive.

If I can't watch the games on TV, I have to force myself to listen to the radio coverage, because Grimm is like fingernails on the blackboard for me. I detest the sound of his voice.

Hey, I'm no Dave Lee fan, but I simply cannot understand why anyone who has ever listened to more than 5 minutes of a Gopher Radio broadcast things Mike Grimm is a good announcer.

Here's my take on Mike Grimm: "terrible call by the officials." "awful call by the officials," "how can they call that a foul?" "I can't believe they didn't call a foul on that play." "They're letting the other team get away with travelling...." and so on and so on and so on........

The guy spends the ENTIRE game complaining about the officiating. It's ALL he talks about. If you don't believe me, listen to the game. That is Not a good play-by-play broadcaster in my book. Tollackson is OK - I don't think he adds much to the broadcast, but he's not blatanly offensive.

If I can't watch the games on TV, I have to force myself to listen to the radio coverage, because Grimm is like fingernails on the blackboard for me. I detest the sound of his voice.

I agree with you that Mike Grimm is hardly a top notch play-by-play guy, but he's several orders of magnitude better than Dave Lee.

Grimm and Spence

Grim is terrible! The people who posted about Grimm blubbering :cry: about the officials are 100% right it's nauseating..

Spence has improvied a bit... he was tough to listen to year one but he has improved not great but tolerable..

I would rather stare at the ESPN scroll looking for a Gopher score then listen to Grimm...:eek:

Top Bottom