Are we guilty of poo-pooing the Hoosiers?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Its' eerily quiet here regarding the game tonight. I get the feeling we're all assuming (myself included) a Gopher romp tonight, especially knowing IU's leading scorer won't play. This is a game the Gophers absolutely can't afford to lose. It would be a "bad loss PLUS" considering Dumes isn't playing. This is the classic one team having nothing to lose (IU), while the other (Gophers) has all the pressure squarely on its shoulders.

I hope fans in attendance act accordingly and treat it as a very significant game and not like one of our many pre-Big 10 creampuffs (i.e. High Point, SE Louisiana, etc.) where we simply could observe with no real concern of losing the game.

SS. Here is my opinion. The Gophers are due for a complete game on both ends of the court, such as against Illinois. I truly believe that Tubby will have these guys playing all 94 X 50 feet of go get 'em, razzle-dazzle, pour the coals to 'em game tonight. I look for every Gopher that plays tonight will score, and will be led by Hoff with about 20. Slam dunks galore, 3-pointers galore, steals and lay-ups galore, and I will hold my prediction of Gophers 73, Hoosiers 55. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Its' eerily quiet here regarding the game tonight. I get the feeling we're all assuming (myself included) a Gopher romp tonight, especially knowing IU's leading scorer won't play. This is a game the Gophers absolutely can't afford to lose. It would be a "bad loss PLUS" considering Dumes isn't playing. This is the classic one team having nothing to lose (IU), while the other (Gophers) has all the pressure squarely on its shoulders.

I hope fans in attendance act accordingly and treat it as a very significant game and not like one of our many pre-Big 10 creampuffs (i.e. High Point, SE Louisiana, etc.) where we simply could observe with no real concern of losing the game.

Total domination of IU should be expected. 15 point win, minimum.

Total domination of IU should be expected. 15 point win, minimum.

Last time I looked the Gophers were a 17 point favorite. They better hammer them pretty good tonight.

"Total domination of IU should be expected."

No argument here, but all I care is the Gophers get a W, in whatever shape or form it comes. Get another W, subtract another game off the schedule, and move one win closer to a Big Ten Tournament bye & the NCAAs. Those are the most important things, not margin of victory, though I would prefer a nice relaxing victory tonight. ... those are hard to come by.

I agree, SS, but in the meantime, let's have a blow-out, total domination game. Make the BARN rock. Let's even make the old-timer gray haired, bald old farts like me be up and standing and cheering. I CAN still do that!!!!!!!! LOL

I truly believe that Tubby will have these guys playing all 94 X 50 feet of go get 'em, razzle-dazzle, pour the coals to 'em game tonight

I believe the Gophers will win big tonight. Do I truly believe it? hmmm? Yes, Yes I do. I truly believe it.

I believe the Gophers will win big tonight. Do I truly believe it? hmmm? Yes, Yes I do. I truly believe it.

As long as we don't falsely believe it I'm fine.

Ordinarily, I'd expect a winning margin of about 12 points. But I'm a bit concerned over the reports of a "flu bug" hitting some Gophers and whether it has become more of a problem or not.

I think our depth........

will help us overcome any flu issues. They are missing Dumas who is really their only "heat check," guy.

If we play defense, we shoudl be able to win handily. We should get a number of put back points tonight.

If we press and give them some easy baskets, they could challange for a while, but our hunger for a victory should carry us.

Al and Westy should be ready to roll after two straight bad games each.

Matt Roth is potentially dangerous from outside and I would consider him a "heat check" guy. Regardless, I'm hoping we see a lot of Jonathan Williams tonight.

I hope Hoffarber is feelin it tonight again like he was against Ohio St. That will fire the crowd up tonight.

Top Bottom