Flu Bug Hits Gophers!

Maybe it's they got it at that big White People Convention in Bumblespit, N.C. Not sure how they got time away from the team for that though.

I don't think JAS would have been invited to that one.

Basic History 101: For example, the KKK was very anti Catholic, very anti Jew, very anti immigrant, very anti southern European. Anti Arab would be a slam dunk for any White Power types. They burned crosses on top of the rubble heaps up near Hibbing during the 30's over Italian Catholics working in the mines.

There's a difference between a joking reference to a White People Convention, where I presume they eat a lot of mayo and talk about Renee Zellweger, and a Klan rally. You make some of the most enormous leaps in logic I've ever seen.

I will stick with my observation above and not worry about your "feelings". A scholar is not afraid of history. At the White People Convention in Bumblespit, N. C., JAS would probably not have been invited. Take a deep breath and stop being such a fainting tut.

The Loon™ Returns

I will stick with my observation above and not worry about your "feelings". A scholar is not afraid of history. At the White People Convention in Bumblespit, N. C., JAS would probably not have been invited. Take a deep breath and stop being such a fainting tut.
The Loon™ can speak authoritatively about the KKK and its ilk ... he's not far removed from them. However, he only pretends to be a scholar and has pretty selective recall of history.

JAS isn't white?

Gosh, I wish I could remember his exact quote from the banquet his freshman year. I think Spencer was telling the story, and everyone was asking him about his name or something like that, and he just responded with a "I ain't white!" It would be much funnier if I could remember the details.

Anyways, he's half Arabic/Palestinian, here was a little player profile on him from a few years ago:

Jamal Abu-Shamala Player Profile

The Loon™ can speak authoritatively about the KKK and its ilk ... he's not far removed from them. However, he only pretends to be a scholar and has pretty selective recall of history.

Wow! Some college kids get sick and a whole social commentary comes out of it. Ridiculous.

JAS isn't white?

I remember the post-season banquet his freshman year (ah the Monson years :), at least the fillet was good if I recall:rolleyes:) during which this very subject was jokingly brought up. I think his heritage is Turkish American, and the Asia Minor thing singles out the whole non-European decent, but I think this neither here nor there. I hope they all recover, or at least don't further infect the rest of the team for the game tonite.
2T-3DA-LOGOSPIN_Minnesota.gif

Top Bottom