2. Duke
3. Gonzaga
4. Kansas
5. Kentucky (in jeopardy)
6. Michigan State
7. Texas
8. Wisconsin (in jeopardy)

BCS Programs/No NCAA Appearances Since 2000
1. Florida State (likely will make tournament)
2. Michigan (in the mix)
3. Nebraska (outside chance for at-large bid)
4. Northwestern (in the mix)
5. Oregon State (must win Pac 10 tourney)
6. Rutgers (must win Big East tourney)
7. South Florida (see Rutgers)

BCS Programs/No NCAA Wins Since 2000
1. Baylor (need to get hot to make NCAA)
2. Clemson (shouldn't lose in 1st round again)
3. Colorado (Buffs need Big 12 tourney miracle)
4. Florida State
5. Michigan
6. Minnesota (in good shape for NCAA but still work to do)
7. Nebraska
8. Northwestern
9. Oregon State
10. Rutgers
11. South Carolina (in good shape for NCAA but still work to do)
12. South Florida

I think if we can fight our way into being in the middle third of the bracket we should have a great chance, which I don't even know whether that is still viable. I am equally exited about Wisconsin finally exiting the first list!
2T-3DA-MIRAGE_Minnesota.gif

I think if we can fight our way into being in the middle third of the bracket we should have a great chance, which I don't even know whether that is still viable. I am equally exited about Wisconsin finally exiting the first list!
2T-3DA-MIRAGE_Minnesota.gif

Don't get that excited. Wisconsin is not going to be falling off list number one. At least not this year. 10 in a row and counting.

I'd love to see Wisconsin & Kentucky fall off the first list, but I won't hold my breath. I am absolutely blown away when I see Michigan on list two & Three.... How the mighty have fallen. Just goes to show what a horrible job Tommy Amaker did in his time there.

We have a tough road to get off the third list. Making it to the tournament will be a big step, but as of now projections have us matched up with So. Carolina... A pretty athletic team that loves to drive to the basket. I would be impressed if Tubby could get this done with his first recruiting class.

As someone who grew up in the Twin Cities and enjoyed watching Gopher basketball, I am very happy for the success that Tubby has achieved in his first couple of years. I think that getting to the tourney this year will be a win for the program, setting them up for further success as this and future recruiting classes continue to evolve the program.

That said, I think that the Badgers have a very good chance to make the tournament again. If they're able to finish 10-8 in the league (very possible) and win a game in the Big 10 tournament, they'll probably be a shoe-in for the dance. As of now, even after the horrible six-game losing streak, their RPI is still in the 30s and their SOS is #2. That has them in a good position.

Don't get that excited. Wisconsin is not going to be falling off list number one. At least not this year. 10 in a row and counting.

Another guarantee, eh? How many of those have you watched your boys piss down their legs this year?

After a huge win against Penn State (snicker) you're back to strut. Hilarious. We've missed you and your "knowledge".

Unfortunately for those of us that loathe things Red and White, if you look at their remaining schedule, it looks very favorable to the Badgers. My guess is that, though not a guarantee, they have a pretty good chance to go on a run. If you look yourself, you will see the same thing:

Wisconsin: 14-9 (5-6)

Feb 11 Iowa
Feb 14 Ohio State
Feb 19 at Indiana
Feb 22 at No. 9 Michigan State
March 1 Michigan
March 4 at Minnesota
March 9 Indiana

I'm trying to find a way that they don't win at least four more games to get to 9-9, just based on their home schedule, plus the fact that they play at Indiana yet. They'll most likely lose to Michigan State on the road, and I think the Gophers will beat them here, but they could very will win the rest and finish 10-8, and even an implosion at Indiana or a home loss to Ohio State puts them at 9-9 and firmly on the bubble with their SOS and RPI rankings.

Quality of wins?

I'm not remotely a bracket expert like SelectionSunday, but I wonder is it really so easy for the Badgers to get in? I have no doubt that they are one of the 65 best teams in the country and they have lost a lot of very close games, but what are their best wins on the year? The won at Virginia Tech I guess, which I would guess is an NCAA tournament team. They won at Michigan and Penn State, but neither of those teams will be in the tournament unless they do well at the end.

Can a team really make the NCAA tournament with a .mediocre conference and overall record and only one road/neutral win over an NCAA tournament qualifier? That's not intended as rhetorical, I honestly don't know.

To me it seems like the Badgers "should" have to win either at Michigan State or at Minnesota (or beat a solid team in the B10 tournament) before they've earned a bid.

That's the main problem with their resume right now. As a fan of UW, I would love for them to beat either Minnesota or MSU to boost the resume a little, but if they finish 10-8 in conference (#2 conference in RPI) and win one in the BTT, that would give them a 7-3 record in their last 10 games as well, which is another thing that would be good for their resume. I'm not a proponent of losing six games in a row, but it happened at a good time, resume-wise, for UW.

Do I hear the GopherHole cheering loudly en masse for the Hawkeyes tomorrow night? Sometimes the enemy of my enemy is indeed my friend, eh?

It's safe to say that down the stretch Gopher fans will (or at least should) cheer for the Hawkeyes (and Hoosiers) any time they're playing Illinois, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue or Wisconsin. Go get 'em tomorrow night.

Another guarantee, eh? How many of those have you watched your boys piss down their legs this year?

After a huge win against Penn State (snicker) you're back to strut. Hilarious. We've missed you and your "knowledge".

How did that game go against Penn State on Saturday?

Top Bottom