Has Jonathan Williams missed more lay-ups than he's made in his career?

Stan

Reaction score
The poor guy clearly has no hops. I saw him in HS just sky and now I worry if he can dunk any more. He got blocked by some 6-5 dude earlier in the year and missed a critical lay-up against Ohio State. This isn't meant to be a rip, but I honestly wonder if he's missed more lay-ups than he's made over the last two years. He makes Miles Tarver look like Hoffarber on a hot night.

Shooting 27% from inside three feet. What a waste. Join Payton at the end of the bench.

He is brutal. Every time he touches the ball I scream 'don't shoot!' Its like the ball is rolling around in his palm when he goes up for a shot. Also, how do you not dunk when 2 ft from the basket and nobody in front of you?? He really should only be getting minutes when Sampson / Iverson are in foul trouble (which is why he played against OSU).

In Jon's defense, I don't think he was highly recruited. Monson needed a big man, wasn't able to recruit better players, so took a chance on Jon, hoping he'd turn into another Jeff Hagen. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out as well. He's also had some nagging injury problems that haven't helped.

He actually was recruited pretty heavily, he originally committed to St Johns, and he was recruited by mulitiple big ten teams and a few Big east teams.

Yea he was a fairly well recruited guy. I have no idea why he struggles so much making layups. It really defies logic

It is strange, STAN, is right he dunked everything in high school. He had like 5 dunks a game, and some of them were very impressive..

Yea he was a fairly well recruited guy. I have no idea why he struggles so much making layups. It really defies logic

I think he shoots his layups too quickly, in a panic. He needs to take that extra fraction of a second to put the ball up where he wants it and with more finesse. He actually does a better job when he puts up his hook shot. with a layup he jerks the ball toward the bucket fearing he will be blocked. He shoots the hook shot just as he practises it. In a more fluid motion.

Nobody misses more layups than Tarver did.

I agree

I agree with figi. He seems to have lost his confidence, gets the ball down low and sort of panics. He does add some bulk when needed, but clearly he is what he is. Sampson and Iverson are the answer.

Nobody misses more layups than Tarver did.

Tarver would lead this years team in minutes and I'm not at all kidding.

He would lead us in rebounding for sure-by a lot.

He would lead in charges taken-by a lot.

He would also lead in missed layups-by a lot.

He would play though-a lot.

he has terrible touch. He also seems to be strong as an ox but never goes to the hoop strong. I think he would have done better if he had switched to football.

Lay off

He's had more than his share of injuries this year.

No, he's not a great shooter or scorer but he did have surgery this year. I'm just happy the kid is healthy enough to be back with the team.

Tarver would lead this years team in minutes and I'm not at all kidding.

He would lead us in rebounding for sure-by a lot.

He would lead in charges taken-by a lot.

He would also lead in missed layups-by a lot.

He would play though-a lot.

Tarver would also lead in handcap parking stickers and cheasy mustaches

All I have to say is at this level, if you air-ball a free throw, that's really embarassing. (he did it last year, if you dont' remember)

When Jon missed the dunk tonight, I knew this thread would be rejuvenated. Poor Jon -- anyone who's stood up in front of a group with their fly open knew exactly how he felt after that. :eek:

When Jon missed the dunk tonight, I knew this thread would be rejuvenated. Poor Jon -- anyone who's stood up in front of a group with their fly open knew exactly how he felt after that. :eek:

The worst part was he misses an easy dunk and then fouls the guy going for the rebound of the missed dunk. Just sad....

Top Bottom