Former Gopher Gets Gaol over Grope

JackJD

SDSU Jackrabbit & Gopher fan
Reaction score
The Lincoln, NE, newspaper (JournalStar) reported Friday a U of Minnesota grad student who is a South Dakota native is appealing a 30-day jail sentence for a sexual assault of a Lincoln woman following South Dakota State University's loss to the Cornhuskers this past Fall.

Under the headline SD FOOTBALL FAN GOES TO JAIL FOR AFTER-GAME GROPE, here are the opening paragraphs:

A judge Friday sent a South Dakota State University fan to jail for 30 days for groping a woman outside a Lincoln bar after his team's loss last September.

Matthew Everson, 24, who gave a Mitchell, S.D., address but is a graduate student at the University of Minnesota, is appealing the sentence and is out of jail on bond.
A 22-year-old woman said Everson grabbed and fondled her buttocks and made inappropriate sexual advances toward her while she was talking to her husband and friends outside an O Street bar at about 2:30 a.m. Sept. 26.

Everson told police that night he slapped two other women's butts, too.

Here's a link to the story posted 3/25/11 on JournalStar.com: story

Everson was a Gopher wrestler and is an Iraq war vet. Good guy did a dumb thing. Some of the posted comments after the story are funny; some not.

I was at the game. Should have been tied 17 all late. But, Lincoln was a real good time both before and after the game and I'd recommend it to Gopher fans. Apparently the Nebraskan who registered the complaint wasn't the same Nebraskan who wanted my son's Jackrabbit T-shirt so she took her's off and traded -- right there on the street.

Top Bottom