Rob Litt interview with Trent Tucker

Thanks Dr. Don, I really appreciate the post.

I really enjoy doing the "where are they now" interviews and over the years I've had the opportunity to interview about 50 former Gopher greats in various sports, and I must say that few former stars have the genuine passion for the maroon and gold that Trent does. He must have said at least a dozen times (many of which didn't make the final Q&A for the article) that he would do anything The U asked of him. He also passionately believes in the value that The U offers student athletes and opportunities post-playing days.

It's been so long since the Gophers have retired a jersey so I am not sure how detailed the honor/reception will be during halftime, but I hope they do it right...video highlights, video messages from former Gopher greats (videos from all four current retirees saying "welcome to the group" would be appropriate and well executed), etc. We should be proud of our history - guys like McHale and Trent should be known as much for their contributions to The U as they are their current roles in the basketball community. The Twins do a masterful job with this, and recognizing a Skoog, Tucker, etc. is a nice step for the Gophers.

Go Gophers!!

Dr.Don is right, excellent interview. I especially liked when you asked him about coming back to the Twin Cities, and how Trent tries to stress this to young kids as well who might not be thinking about a career after basketball. They can stay close to the U and still have a great career in the community.

Bleed, you are very welcome, but please remember, the kudos go to Rob for a great interview.

And if you, BleedGopher, indeed, are Rob Litt the interviewee, kudos to you too!!!!

Have a good day, and GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent interview Bleed! I had the good opportunity to attend a Trent Tucker event for his foundation last fall and Trent is an incredible human being. He has so much passion for helping out young kids. Congratulations Trent Tucker.

Tip of the Hat

To Trent. I look forward to seeing him up on the wall. We can be proud he IS a Gopher, for life!

Thanks Dr. Don, I really appreciate the post.

I really enjoy doing the "where are they now" interviews and over the years I've had the opportunity to interview about 50 former Gopher greats in various sports, and I must say that few former stars have the genuine passion for the maroon and gold that Trent does. He must have said at least a dozen times (many of which didn't make the final Q&A for the article) that he would do anything The U asked of him. He also passionately believes in the value that The U offers student athletes and opportunities post-playing days.

It's been so long since the Gophers have retired a jersey so I am not sure how detailed the honor/reception will be during halftime, but I hope they do it right...video highlights, video messages from former Gopher greats (videos from all four current retirees saying "welcome to the group" would be appropriate and well executed), etc. We should be proud of our history - guys like McHale and Trent should be known as much for their contributions to The U as they are their current roles in the basketball community. The Twins do a masterful job with this, and recognizing a Skoog, Tucker, etc. is a nice step for the Gophers.

Go Gophers!!

This was a fantastic interview, Bleed. One that I am so glad someone did - with such a huge honor coming up for him.

I don't think we all know how lucky we are to have an alum like TT. To have someone with his reputation, accomplishments, and character be willing to do anything to help the U - is one of those huge intangibles. I know he does a lot behind the scenes to support the program in anyway, I would love if he had a more public role...like maybe being the poster child for the new bball practice facility, perhaps? :)

Great job!

Thanks Rob!

Some great memories for me from Trent's era. He's deserving of the honor.

That's pretty much the time I got hooked on Gopher basketball. Clear as day I can still remember watching on a TV in the concourse of Skoglund Center (St. Olaf College) as Darryl Mitchell sank the winning free throws vs. Iowa with no time on the clock in a critical late-season game. Trent & Mitchell were an incredible guard tandem that season. Winners.

Top Bottom