New Polls: It's going to be interesting

Dr.Don

Reaction score
When the new polls come out tomorrow, it is going to be interesting due to the number of ranked teams that either lost two, lost one, split one and one, and again unranked teams that beat ranked teams. I am going to make no predictions this week regarding the Gophers. I am looking forward to the new polls coming out.

I have a feeling we will drop out of both, but am hopeful that we stay fairly high in the 'others receiving votes'. Either way if we can win 2 this week we will be ranked again.

21 Illinois looks to be beating 13 Purdue at Illinois (up by 19 with under 5 to go). Its very tough to win on the road this year.

My point exactly, Moonlight. Who are the top 25 teams this week??? Who are playing the best this week???? Doggoned if I can figure it out. Only this, I would not be surprised if the Gophers are still ranked, and I will not be surprised if they aren't. That is why I think it will be interesting to see the new polls.

I'll be surprised if we are still ranked. Getting beat senseless in East Lansing was worse than the two losses. A top 25 finish was a bold expectation considering how young our lineup is. We are in 6th place and it would be nice to pick off PSU before the end of the year. If we can get that done, we are in the tourney.

The future is bright. I'm most excited about Royce White. He could be the best player on the roster by this time next year. A top 3 finish next year is a real possibility.

By the looks of the of the junior/sophomore classes in Minnesota prep basketball, Tubby is going to have to hit the national recruiting scene this year. He might only be a creative scorer at the wing away from a conference title run in two years.

Top Bottom