My Big Ten Bowl Predictions.

gophersfan

Reaction score
here what i see where everyone is going. not going to do againist.

Rose Bowl - Penn State (will play here)

Capital One Bowl - Ohio State (do not see them making a BCS bowl)

Outback Bowl - Michigan State

Valero Alamo Bowl - Northwestern

Champs Sports - Iowa

Insight Bowl - Wisconsin

Motor City Bowl - Minnesota

motor city bowl

When is the motor city bowl played? maybe we will drive over. it's not too far and its during break. has anybody been to this bowl? is it fun?

When is the motor city bowl played? maybe we will drive over. it's not too far and its during break. has anybody been to this bowl? is it fun?

The Motor City Bowl is played on December 26th at Ford Field in Detroit. That's a big downer, though the drive is possible (about 11 hours per Google Maps). I've never been there, and frankly few Big Ten fans have probably even made it there...only two Big Ten teams have gone in the five years of the deal prior to this season - 2003 Northwestern and 2007 Purdue. Attendance has been creeping up season by season, but we'll see how it would be pending the selection of teams.

I'd say go for it, if you've got the time and money, always cool to see fans support the Gophers on the road!

If we have to go to Detroit, just be glad we're going to post-Super Bowl Detroit. Definitely an upgrade.

I've always wanted to spend Christmas in the D. I'll be there.

The best thing about the Motor City Bowl for the players is the extra practices, especially for a young team such as ours. It also shows that we are improving because last year we did not play in any bowl at all.

The best thing for fans though is it is close and there should be extremely affordable packages to get there. I imagine there will be bus rides that could be kind of fun or if people want, it is a fairly easy drive from the Twin Cities. Also, air fare will be far cheaper than going anywhere else as well but the bottom line is it is an easy place to get to for Minnesota fans.

All things being considered, it is a blessing, even if it is a third tier bowl. The Gophers really did overacheive this year and the extra game/practices will come in handy for next year.

Though it is unfortunate that this is a year they could have made a Major bowl, it is what it is and changes are already in the works to improve upon this year.

Top Bottom