What Did Turner Say To Tubby ?

Blizzard

Reaction score
I was only able to listen to the game last night, or tried to, as I was driving home last night. The CCO announcers were really carrying on about what Turner said to Tubby last night. I want to say it sounded like he told him to STFU or something but I might have misunderstood. Whatever it was it happened right in front of them and they weren't very impressed.

Did the TV guys mention anything about it ?

Turner is a very, very nice player, but he has had some anger issues. That I can recall, he got into a high profile shouting match with Derrick Rose during a game when they were both seniors in HS, he was yapping quite loudly at the Badger bench during UW's win in Columbus last season, and I believe he was getting into a bit with former HS and AAU teammate Demetri McCamey during an Illini/Buckeye game earlier this season.

Turner is a punk.......

and almost cost them the game last night. He was not giving the ball up no matter what, so we should have doubled his drives.

If he has found Buford and Deebler more instead of forcing things they would have won easily, but he kept us in it with his selfishness.

According the radio broadcast, Turner dropped an F-bomb on OTS.

Stay classy Columbus.

Is there a bigger thug in the B10 than Dallas Lauderdale?

Probably not....at one point last night I was thinking why start doing the 'hack-a-shac' and put Lauderdale on the line...then he made a couple in a row...

Thought of that too

Probably not....at one point last night I was thinking why start doing the 'hack-a-shac' and put Lauderdale on the line...then he made a couple in a row...

Actually, around the 4-minute mark, it looks like that occurred to Matta as well and Lauderdale came out and never saw the floor again as I recall.

One step ahead, that crazy Thad...

>>Turner dropped an F-bomb on OTS.<<

Somebody needs to slap some respect into that youngster.

Thad Matta ... Punk Leading Punks

Stay classy Columbus.

tOSU is such a classless team. Their behavior reflects their coach, Thad Matta. Forget about mentoring young men, character development and acceptable behavior. Matta runs a "punk show" that wins with rented top talent. Matta can sure recruit, but he sure can't mentor young men. Punk.

That's what I thought. We were driving home from the middle of nowhere and didn't have good reception until the second half. I take it he also launched into the profanity laced tirade towards the officials that Zierden was talking about.

I could tell Turner was a selfish punk early on in the first half. I'd never seen the kid play nor heard of him before the game, but talk about your "black holes". They say McHale was bad with the Celtics...this kid never even thinks of passing. He just puts his head down, lowers the shoulder, and goes 1 v. 5. The refs bailed him out on at least a couple of charges. P.U.N.K.

If Turner's shooting a lot. ...

this notebook explains why. A guy shooting that kind of percentage (he's shooting at a 51% clip) should be shooting a lot. The kid shouldn't be cussing at an opposing coach, but he's a complete ball player.

Clearly, you hadn't seen him play before. Turner does so many more things than just score; he's also averaging 3.3 assists per game, not bad for a guy who's not a point guard, per se. He's got my vote for Big Ten Player of the Year to this point. But I don't think throwing an F-bomb at a guy like Tubby is going to score Turner any brownie points when it's time for the media & coaches to vote.

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2009/02/09/sports/doc4990f80220b05390769674.txt

Top Bottom