Not a tourney team!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
TOO many holes! No PG, Nolen has forgotten how to play basketball. Nobody can rebound, BJ Mullins could do anything he wanted to on the glass tonight. No leadership or go-to guy, Westbrook should have stayed home and watched the game on TV.

I predicted 8 B10 wins and that is what we are gonna get.

Let me hear from ya Writergoph and dinkytowner!:)

"Not a tourney team"

Are there 30 or so at-large teams that don't have holes?

Go Gophers!!

nobody's perfect, but when all is said and done we will be on the bubble, Ohio State just took our spot.

Gophermanic quote:

Hi, I have a been a gopher football fan all my life and yes I am an alcoholic.

Well, GM, I have been a gopher fan (all sports, not just FB) all my life, and yes I am a drunk.

The difference between us is this..... YOU have to attend all those damned old meetings. I don't have to.

We are in. Just have 9-9 or 10-8. The Big Ten is deep this year. Michigan is behind us and has beat UCLA, Duke, and nearly beat UCONN.

If we win 4 more games we are in

Where are the 4 wins coming from Big Play? Ill give you Northwestern and Indiana. The way we play on the road we have no chance against Penn State, Michigan or Illinois. The Wisconsin and Michigan games at home are by no means automatic wins. We will porobably end up a 6-7 seed in the B10 tourney and play either Iowa or Indiana first round, thats a possible third win.

Where are the 4 wins coming from Big Play? Ill give you Northwestern and Indiana. The way we play on the road we have no chance against Penn State, Michigan or Illinois. The Wisconsin and Michigan games at home are by no means automatic wins. We will porobably end up a 6-7 seed in the B10 tourney and play either Iowa or Indiana first round, thats a possible third win.

Northwestern, Wisconsin, Indiana, Then 1 in the big ten tournament.

Where are the 4 wins coming from Big Play? Ill give you Northwestern and Indiana. The way we play on the road we have no chance against Penn State, Michigan or Illinois. The Wisconsin and Michigan games at home are by no means automatic wins. We will porobably end up a 6-7 seed in the B10 tourney and play either Iowa or Indiana first round, thats a possible third win.[/QUOTE

No chance against PSU or Illinois on the road? We've already blown out both of these teams. If this team doesn't make the tournament it would be one of the epic collapses in Minnesota sports history. Unfortunately for those who'd like to see that happen (and I am sure there are some here that would), the Gophers will be dancing in March.

I am concerned with seeding myself as the loss tonight makes an 8/9 seed more likely than I would like. I'd like to avoid a 2nd round matchup with a UConn, UNC, etc.

We beat Ohio state by 9 at home and look how that turned out tonight. Without Blake hitting some three pointers we would have gotten killed.

We should be favored to win our four home games (Indiana, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan). We win all four, or steal a road win somewhere, and we have nothing to worry about.

Take care of our own house, and everything else will fall into place.

BJ Mullins could do anything he wanted to on the glass tonight.

How did you come to that conclusion? Here are some actual facts:

Rebound totals -

Damian Johnson 10
Lawrence Westbrook 7
Paul Carter 6
Colton Iverson 5

BJ Mullins 6

How exactly did he have his way with us on the glass? We outrebounded them 38-31. Did you watch the game?

tj you miss the point -- Mullins only "wanted" 6 rebounds. Thus, he got everything he wanted on the glass.

We are going to be in the tournament. We will hold serve at home and pick up one more road win.

tj you miss the point -- Mullins only "wanted" 6 rebounds. Thus, he got everything he wanted on the glass.

We are going to be in the tournament. We will hold serve at home and pick up one more road win.

This perspective of this thread is ridiculous

-Mullens is a one and done lottery pick this summer and was the #1 rated high school senior in the nation last year. He should have dominated last night.

-Bottom line about reasonable expectations for this year- Top 5 conference finish and an NCAA invite.

4 home W, maybe 1 road W. Then 1 or 2 W in Big 10 tourney. Somewhere between 23 W and 25 W on Selection Sunday = NCAA bid.

Top Bottom