Reaction score
from gophersports

ket Information Finalized for Target Field Games
Courtesy: University of Minnesota

Release:03/10/2011

Share Email Print

Courtesy: Eric Miller/University of Minnesota
http://gophersports.com/

The Minnesota baseball program and the Minnesota Twins have finalized the details for the Gophers’ 12-game schedule at Target Field.

Tickets for all of Minnesota's games will be general admission, and will cost $10 for adults and $5 for kids 14 and under. University of Minnesota students can also get into the games for free with valid student identification. Tickets will be sold at the Target Field ticket windows on Target Plaza and may be purchased with cash only. There will be no checks or credit cards take n at the ticket window.

The tickets for Gopher contests will only be sold on the day of the game at Target Field ticket windows. Those ticket windows will be open at 9 a.m. on the day of all of the University of Minnesota games. The main entrance for each of the Gopher contests will be Gate 29. That gate will be open 30 minutes prior to game time.

Minnesota will begin Big Ten play on Friday, Apr. 1 at 1:05 p.m. with a doubleheader against Purdue. The Gophers will finish the series on Saturday, Apr. 2 at 1:05 p.m. Minnesota will play a conventional three-game series against Northwestern on Friday, Apr. 15 at 3:05 p.m., Saturday, Apr. 16 at 3:05 p.m. and Sunday, Apr. 17 at 1:05 p.m.

The Gophers will also host Iowa in a rematch of the 2010 Big Ten Tournament Championship game on Friday, Apr. 29 at 3:05 p.m., Saturday, Apr. 30 at 1:05 p.m. and Sunday, May 1 at 1:05 p.m. Minnesota's final conference series will be against Ohio State. That series will begin with a doubleheader on Thursday, May 19 at 3:05 p.m. and a single-game on Friday, May 20 at 3:05 p.m. When Minnesota faces Purdue and Ohio State, there will be an extra day available (Sunday, Apr. 3 against Purdue and Saturday, May 21 against Ohio State) in case of any postponements due to weather.

For the doubleheader dates on Apr. 1 and May 19, fans will not be allowed back into Target Field if they exit at any time during game or between games one and two.

Thanks for posting JG. I heard the news during the 6 o'clock news and was going to post here, but you provided a much better description that I would have.

I'm going to have my boys at a bunch of games this season.

With the games at Target Field, I think there will be some great, renewed interest in Gopher baseball this year.

This is great. I can make it to the game on the 15th against Northwestern then head over to The Bank and watch a spring practice under the lights.

Top Bottom