Don't expect to see Dumes at the barn

From the Barn

Reaction score
If the Big Ten can grow a pair he'll be suspended.

Of course, since the new standard in the Big Ten is that accidental elbows are worse than intentional elbows, he'll most likely be awarded by having each shot he makes count for twice as many points.

FTB...which one is this referring to again? Thanks.

This would be a new blatant elbow to the groin by Dumes on Suton running up the court. Eddie Hightower decided it wasn't even a foul.

This would be a new blatant elbow to the groin by Dumes on Suton running up the court. Eddie Hightower decided it wasn't even a foul.
It was not called during play. A ref can't go back and call a foul based on a replay, only use the replay to upgrade a foul call to a flagrant and potentially eject the player.

You can eject players via the monitor. Why else would they have looked at it?

Well, if Hightower was reffing, I can understand the confusion. This guy, Mr. Ed, is long past his prime. That is my opinion.

You're worse than the announcers on TV...let it go. And if you actually looked at the whole play he was trying to get around the guy and get up into the play.

So to get around the guy he slowed down to shove an elbow into his junk?

How about the earlier elbow he threw. Got called for a foul, but I thought it was an automatic ejection based on the Michigan / Purdue game -- which was a dumb call. No blood, no ejection?

How about the earlier elbow he threw. Got called for a foul, but I thought it was an automatic ejection based on the Michigan / Purdue game -- which was a dumb call. No blood, no ejection?

Exactly. The memo from the conference said if an elbow makes contact it is an automatic ejection.

Well he is gone, and the second dirty play should be enough for him to miss his next game.

Dumes threw 2 cheap elbows

The one into Suton's groin was clearly intentional, as was the one at Herzog/Thornton for no reason at the end of the game. If the Big 10 doesn't suspend Dumes for a game, then Crean should do it himself.

Good call Barn. Tip of the cap to you! This, by the way, helps MN immensely. Not that we'd figure to lose this game anyway, but IU had been showing some flashes of good play, and much of it was because of Dumes' outside shooting. This hurts the Hoosiers. We should win comfortably now. Before I kind of had us winning by about 7- to 12-points. Should be 15+ now (I hope).

I was really more concerned with someone needing dental work after the game. I guess he also jacked Craig Moore in the face earlier this year too. The kid has issues.

This would be the second most severe transgression of the day, and the one that earned the ejection.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLTdQURHKxI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLTdQURHKxI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Top Bottom