Six more wins ....

Mikie S

Reaction score
... to tie the official (non-vacated) Gopher record for season victories at 24.

Eight conference games left, at least one Big Ten tourney game and at least one post season game. 6 wins with a minimum of 10 games left to tie school record and an outside chance to exceed it. Not bad for what many deemed a transition year.

Next year? The Gophers likely return their top 8 players based on minutes played (possibly 10 of top 11) while adding the top rated incoming freshman (White), another ranked among the top 8-9 incoming freshmen (Williams) and one of the top incoming Jucos (Mbakwe) in the Big Ten next year.

The state of Gopher basketball is good and getting better :D

No kidding...

Absolutely frightening. Next year will be arguably rival the Final Four year (that never was) for quality and being fun to watch.

For that matter, what about the following year? Barring any early departures, the Gophers will 'only' lose DJ, Westbrook, and Bostick. Not to be a knock on any of them but of those 3, by THAT time, it's conceivable that the only thing they'll miss from those 3 is DJ's defensive prowess.

Time to enjoy the rest of this year though. The rest is too far off to think about... Pretty amazing though that they could 'officially' beat the school record for wins in what really was supposed to be a transitional year. Pretty impressive.

Caught my attention Mikie - "Not bad for what many deemed a transition year."

Couldn't agree more. I thought the general consensus was they would be as good as last year. Maybe better, maybe worse (those that thought they would be better - don't get your undies in a bunch. I said the general consensus, not everyone).

So far you gotta love it. At this point a couple more wins than I thought, but it gets really tough from now til the end.

Go Gophers!

Great Points

It's good to step back and see the big picture. Life is good in Gopher Land.

Remember in October when many on the board where wishful that we'd be even in contention for a tourney chance? Just a few months ago! We should be thrilled about where we are right now.

Top Bottom