We NEED every one of these kids!

FiveStarFan

Reaction score
Bryant Allen- Outside shot and PG ability/speed

Trevor Mbakwe- Developed big body and rebounding machine

Justin Cobbs- Can score as a true PG. Good defender and floor general

Rodney Williams- Insanely athletic. Rebounds and blocks as good as any 6-6 player. Forget missing lay-ups(Mich st game) throw it down champ

Royce White- A SF prototype. Will change how this team scores from day one. No more four players beyond the three point line for the first 25 seconds of the clock.

Every single one of these players are needed right now to help this team in so many ways. Sorry JAS, KP, and Big Jon but I can't wait for next year already!

Don't panic. I think Tubby said it best in the quote from the Daily today "We soiled ourselves." The team is young, and it got intimidated. It's a learning process and I think we'll be better off in the long run because of this loss.

I see one guy on that list that has played D-I basketball, and that didn't turn out so well last time.

Didn't turn out so well? You mean he got injured? Then came back late in a season on an NCAA tournament team and saw playing time?

We NEED? What exactly does that mean? Need for what? We are a top-25 team!

Yes, no doubt some of these players (hopefully all) will help us, but I see no reason to look forward to next season when we have a very good team that will most likely be in the tourney come March.

Yes, no doubt some of these players (hopefully all) will help us, but I see no reason to look forward to next season when we have a very good team that will most likely be in the tourney come March.

We "NEED" to have a chance to compete against teams that are of Mich St./Purdue so we can quit "soiling ourselves".

We "NEED" to have a chance to compete against teams that are of Mich St./Purdue so we can quit "soiling ourselves".

We "soiled ourselves" because we are young and therefore easier targets to be intimidated. Didn't you read Ralph's quote about his first Big Ten game? Adding freshman isn't going to stop us from being intimidated. Having another year under many player's belts will help.

I can see saying that the new recruits will add to our talent, but how will it stop us from intimidated or nervous? Makes no sense to me...

This is a ridiculous statement. Every team has needs, even the No. 1 team in the country has needs.

yes

All these players will strengthen us in key ways next year. They'll have their own learning curve. If you can't tolerate learning curves, watch the NBA instead of college ball. This is what makes it fun.

This is a ridiculous statement. Every team has needs, even the No. 1 team in the country has needs.

You totally missed my point if you think that's what I was saying. Of course every team has needs. I was trying to clarify what the original poster meant by "need". Usually when you need something, that means you can't continue without it, and that was the feeling I got from the post. Of course those guys will help us. But we don't need them to be competitive. We don't need them to have a good season. We are capable of doing that without them this season. I am pumped for next year, but we have a good team this year, so I don't see the point in writing them off and starting to worry about next season.

Top Bottom