Post Game Quotes Following Minnesota's 53-48 Loss to Michigan State

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Michigan State Head Coach Tom Izzo...

-God, I don't know what to say about that game. It was the most bizarre game...

-They outplayed us in the first half. Their zone was tough

-We had a lot of guys that didn't play great, but made great plays

-We had the 37-30 lead, and then Minnesota really outplayed us until the last couple of minutes

-I've never seen a league so clustered before. I think the bottom is getting better. Some may say the top is getting worse, but I think the bottom is getting better.

-Mbakwe...I just love his game.

-We got more aggressive in the second half. For us to settle for 24 threes...we didn't even try to get inside in the first half

-He's so strong, you've almost got to put a man-and-a-half on him. He's so strong and he's a great rebounder, and I love great rebounders

Ralph Sampson

-(Ralph) Michigan State is a great team, and they knew how to come back at us and take advantage. We didn't do a good job of keeping them back and trying to play our game.

-(Ralph) We have to stay hungry...we've done it before. We have to come together as a team and set our sights on winning the next game, and then the one after that. Our spirits are up

Head Coach Tubby Smith

-We're just going to try and get another win. We've got a lot of work to do. Tonight was an important game, and I thought we had a good shot to win. I can't say enough about the lack of ball-handling

-There were a lot of positive things. Our zone was very effective tonight

-You can see (the younger players) get a little antsy. Blake is doing all he can, and he's really working his butt of, and he's worn down quite a bit

-The freshmen are working really hard. They're some of the best freshmen I've ever had. They just need experience

-(On Nolen) He's hurt, he's working on it...he's got a boot on it, he's healing. He just needs to do what he's doing

Top Bottom