It's all single-elimination for the next 3

howeda7

Reaction score
We've used all of our bullets. The next 3 are like Tournament games. Get pumped! I'll let the rest of you continue your melt-down.

Yep. This is where the team needs to shine. These are all very winnable games.

It'll be a miracle to win more than 1 of these last 3. This loss sucked any bit of wind out of the team that may have existed. They'll be zombies in ending this season mentally defeated, lucky to pull out any of these games.

Devoe Joseph won this year - with the fortunate injury of Nolen (from Joseph's vindictive standpoint), Joseph ended up ruining the team. Congratulations, Devoe, every Gopher fan hates your quitting guts.

If we win more than one I will be surprised also. We have been saying these are must win games for awhile now. Makes no difference.

Devoe

He has cemented himself as the most hated college basketball player in the history of the state. Hope he gets the shots he's looking for out west.

I don't see 3 wins either. But it's tournament mode. It's all about Michigan. Can we win that! Yes. Then NW. Can we win that? Yes. Then PSU. Can we win that? Yes. Will we win all 3? Probably not. But who cares about NW and PSU. It's all about Michigan. Let's do it.

Yep. This is where the team needs to shine. These are all very winnable games.

and this has been said the whole time while the team has lost 6 of 7. now suddenly they are going to win 3 straight against teams they are no better than. just stop with this nonsense.

Michigan will run us out of our own gym. Book it. They are a better team plain and simple. Guards, we have none. One spot up shooter and a team full of #3's and 4's.
Sorry for being so negative, but this last month of basketball has been hard to swallow.

We can win all 3 of those games and we are still on the outside looking in for the tourney

I don't see 3 wins either. But it's tournament mode. It's all about Michigan. Can we win that! Yes. Then NW. Can we win that? Yes. Then PSU. Can we win that? Yes. Will we win all 3? Probably not. But who cares about NW and PSU. It's all about Michigan. Let's do it.

We COULD have beat Illinois, and PSU, and MSU, too. All 3 of those were shoulda wins. But we lost them all, two of those when ahead with less than 2 minutes left. This team doesn't try hard enough. It's why Tubby needs to do something different, and re-install the full court zone press that he used to use the first year. That team TRIED hard. Full court zone, Tubby, liven these guys up and get their blood flowing. The worst that could happen is they...lose again.

We COULD have beat Illinois, and PSU, and MSU, too. All 3 of those were shoulda wins. But we lost them all, two of those when ahead with less than 2 minutes left. This team doesn't try hard enough. It's why Tubby needs to do something different, and re-install the full court zone press that he used to use the first year. That team TRIED hard. Full court zone, Tubby, liven these guys up and get their blood flowing. The worst that could happen is they...lose again.

I don't think we can press with 8 guys. But I really hope we will change the starting line-up to include either Mav or Chip. IMO, we need to start Mav, not because he's anything special but because the offense is so much better with Hoff at the 2. The current line-up is not working. We made our run tonight with Chip AND Mav in the game. Please adjust Tubby.

I don't think we can press with 8 guys. But I really hope we will change the starting line-up to include either Mav or Chip. IMO, we need to start Mav, not because he's anything special but because the offense is so much better with Hoff at the 2. The current line-up is not working. We made our run tonight with Chip AND Mav in the game. Please adjust Tubby.

I'd usually agree with you, but I'm not so sure. Except for this game, can we name one game where one of these 4 guys looked physically exhausted:
1. Rodney Williams
2. Chip Armelin
3. Austin Hollins
4. Maverick Ahanmisi

I can't name any, and therefore I suggest that we could better use their energy by using their energy in a press to wear down our opponents. Three seasons ago (Tubby's first season) we had only 8 guys and won 20 games, with most of those wins coming when we utilized a zone press.

All year we've been talking about how "the schedule gets easier", yet we keep losing games. I'd like to think we can win all 3, but unfortunately it's just not going to happen.

Top Bottom